In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Deer in yard

4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭

Winter does not seem to want to let go in upstate Delaware County, NY. Yesterday they came right up to my daughters deck looking for bare spots to nibble on some grass. I guess in another month and half they will be dropping fawns. Can't blame my daughter for wanting to move to place I deeded to her in Kent's Store, Virginia. She is tired of the snow/cold. Hope to be down there soon to do a little recon/work if my health will just hold up. I know the place will be a disaster after two years of neglect because I was my wife Diane's caretaker for six years. ———————————Ray

Comments

• Options
    edited April 10

Jim, by golly that is funny, The picture of the store of course very familiar. Belongs to Monroe Johnson my neighbor to the right of my house. He is a carpenter and raises Black Angus cattle. Several have tried to make a go of it with the store over the years but failed. Volunteer fire dept. is to the right and post office is directly across road in front of store.

If you come up to that intersection and blink your eye, you have just passed thru Kent's Store. That's just the way I like it. The best kind of neighbor is at least a half mile away. My neighbor on the left is a prepper and loves to stalk Whitetails like me.

My neighbor down the road about 100 yards from the intersection is Nick Smith one of best tree climbers I ever have known. I usually man the chain saw but Nick gets the big tall dangerous ones. He rents his house out now and then and is back and forth to Nashville. Not every one gets free singing from the top of a huge oak tree. This guy really can sing and someday he is going to make the big time.

My little 'Willie Jr." can't wait to roam the three acres down in Kent's Store in about 10 days.😀 ————————Ray

"Nick" ——Country Music Country Boy from Kent's Store

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭✭

You're making me homesick, Ray. I miss Virginia more every day.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,689 ******

Ray, I won't hold it against him that he has a Wahoos flag on display .

• Options

Jim, my next door neighbor the prepper on my left side. We both held our nose and voted. ——————-Ray

• Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

We had 12 in the yard the other day. If you zoom in you can make them out.

and yes….I’m in Virginia.

• Options

I was all set to go to Virginia and upper tooth on right side exploded when I bit down on a very, very hard chocolate chip cookie from Shoprite. Went to oral surgeon and office and Dr. Smith gone as he had retired. Quick, I ran over to my dentist and he died Saturday. I am not having a good day. They took xray of tooth to see if it can be saved. I picked up anti-biotic to take and go back at 4pm to have broken piece removed and see what next course of action will be. When it rains it pours. ——————————-Ray

• Options

Woe is me. tooth would cost fortune to save. Better to spend money on bridge or implant they claim. Came away missing one third of tooth and temporary filling. Still no oral surgeon yet to extract this beast. ———————-Ray