In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A shoutout to all the .22 plinkers I came to own

NotDraconNotDracon Member Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'd like to make a thread to honor the various guns chambered in .22 lr that I owned over time, starting with my first gun.

The first gun I ever came to own was the HK MP5, rifle length, in .22 lr. I shot rental guns before but this was my first time owning one and entering the world of gun ownership. Despite a higher than average armory price, it was a very fun trainer and range toy to get me used to the concept of maintaining, storing and learning about a personal firearm.

Sadly, the people I live with allowed me to keep guns in the house under the stipulation that I keep only a few at any given moment, and an SKS showed up on the local listings that I really wanted, so I sold it to make room for the SKS.

Next up is Heritage's Rough Rider. Saw it on sale at another local armory while buying a gun locker, and for the price they had it at I just had to buy it. Ended up falling in love with the clicky single action and loading gate functionality, even if the .22s were a bit of a pain to handle with their tiny size. The bluing on it was a little worn so I decided to rattle-can it with glossy black to cover that up, here's the original alonside the steps I took to make it look better (at least, for me).

In my hubris, I thought bigger bullet = more fun and ended up selling this one too to make room for a TC9 revolver, which is an SAA clone as well but in 9mm luger. What a mistake that was. Very lucky to have found someone to sell that one, too.

I was without a .22 after this, and I really started to miss having one, so I went and bought something that caught my attention even before I got the MP5: the Walther PPK/S in .22 LR:

This thing is pretty, albeit picky about the kinds of ammo you feed it, and it's been a great gun ever since I was able to receive it this monday. Currently breaking it in with different kinds of ammo to see what sticks.

So! Yep. That's my story. Are there any .22 LR guns you have or are otherwise fond of?

Comments