In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Model 11 Sportsman (Browning Frame)

rrsimmonsrrsimmons Member Posts: 2

I have a Remington Model 11 Sportsman (Military Finish), 12 gauge 2-3/4". It has the Cutts arrestor on the end of the barrel with two screw in chokes (full and modified). The gun is in good shape with what I would call normal wear on the bluing. Could some of the experts give me an idea what it might be worth? Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    edited April 17

The Sportsman is a three shot version of the Model 11. Having a Cutts Compensator on it lessens the market value by $150 or more. Sorry, I do not know the current value. If it is stamped "U.S." that would enhance the value but suggests heavy use. Good luck.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,769 ✭✭✭✭

Looking on completed auctions, maybe $250-300 retail. If it sells here buyers will have to add shipping, FFL, tax fees. IF you would sell it locally might be better but of course GB offers a lot of exposure. With the Cutts, it as above kills the value.

• Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭✭

Military Finish? US Proof markings will add value.

The Sportsman and Model 11 saw their most widespread service far from
    the battlefields of Europe and the Pacific. The long-barreled variants,
    sometimes topped with a Cutt’s Compensator, were used for training
    aerial gunners and anti-aircraft personnel on the concepts of lead and
    follow-through against moving targets.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,769 ✭✭✭✭

I have had a few with the Park type finish but neither had any markings like that. Although possible, doubtful.

• Options
    rrsimmonsrrsimmons Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the info. I saw one at a gun show a few weeks ago with a $1250.00 price tag. Thought, if mine was worth that kind of money I might let it go and add something new to the collection.