In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dog boarding

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******

While going around looking at places to board our dog, we asked to see their kitchen. Them; Kitchen, we don't have a kitchen. Us: well how do you fix the food? Them: Oh, we just pour it out of the bag. Us: Umm, spaghetti and meatballs, fried chicken, and grilled cheese sandwiches don't "pour out of a bag." WTH

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,638 ✭✭✭✭

Totally understand .

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,428 ******

I just use the Friends & Family Plan for dog watching. It works due to returning the favors when they are asked.

It has been many years since we put a dog in a kennel for a week's boarding. Had to get the dog shots for kennel cough and another strange one I can't remember. I provided the food for the stay to maintain diet regularity.

Glad I don't own a horse that needs boarding!! The expense would put me back to work!

• Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭

There was a place in Tampa that we used to board Milo (rest his soul) that had private rooms with a mattress, A/C and a TV. They had a pool for the animals as well and walked them several times a day, he loved it there.

Heck, it was nicer than some motels I've stayed in.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,438 ***** Forums Admin
    edited April 28

I was gonna say, not to mention those ribeyes folks are talking about in the steak thread.

• Options
    Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭✭

Kennel cough has been running through boarding facilities and vets.... Best for our best friends to stay home.

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭

my dogs get boarded by the lady that owns the local “Woof Gang Bakery” grooming place, in her home. She’s great & they love her place and trust her.