In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looks like Disney did a DVD dump.

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,179 ✭✭✭✭

Went to Walmart and they had a load of new DVDs like "Andor", "Kenobi" and "Falcon And The Winter Soldier" which I didn't get. I had to look at the trailers to see if they're good?

I did get "Lawmen-Bass Reeves", "Madame Webb" and "Moon Knight". "Madame Webb" seems like it's a stand alone wanna be a franchise but I doubt it. Like "Morbius" it was bad. Started on "Moon Knight" it's pretty good and I am a fan of the comics from way back. Looking forward to "Lawmen-Bass Reeves". That reminds me I got to get a bottle of Whiskey or Rye to get my cowboy on this weekend.

Comments

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,716 ✭✭✭✭

We liked the Star Wars side stories…..they are well worth grabbing up. I didn't see the Falcon/Winter Soldier movie. I was a little burnt out on the Marvel "slapstick" level of mess they were producing. The first movies of theirs were great….but they were just stupid after a point. Moon Knight was pretty good. I'll have to tell Larry about the movie dump, he likes to grab DVDs. I'm not a huge fan of watching things I've seen.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

I don't understand why you didn't get the first three when clearly you're not adverse to getting bad movies.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,179 ✭✭✭✭

I don't like "Star Wars" (what little of the movies I'd seen) but I did like "Mandalorian". If "Andor" and "Kenobi" is like that I may have to pick them up. Kind a waiting for "The Book of Boba Fett" since there seems to be a tie in with "Mandalorian". 

"Moon Knight" was good. I thought Marc wore disguises in the comics and not different identities in the show (you know "alters" in the brain). Then again Disney is all about identities these days.

Mr. Perfect  - It's because the "Star Wars" and "Winter Soldier" were like $40 a pop. I have to think about eating better instant ramen you know. Also I think they were 4K and not Blu Ray. Seen trailer of "Andor" and they have some peeps I like. Seen some review where they said it's "Star Wars" but it's "not" "Star Wars". "Kenobi" seems that I would need to buy the movies since it takes place after Anikin? So that's "Star Wars".

Now "Winter Soldier" got the Will Smith-like actor doing a buddy super hero show? Super hero "Lethal Weapon"? I thought they were like third rate super heros in the movies? Disney milking the franchise and selling diversity. At least the space alien stuff I can give them a pass.