In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Soon new to me tank?

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,179 ✭✭✭✭

Saw me a used 55 gallon and "custom" (read homemade) stand on list of Craig for $90 in my neck of the woods. I think it has the same foot print as my 40 gallon but just taller. Waiting on the email reply. Not that I need another tank but I can get rid of couple of 20/30 gallon grow out tanks or maybe the 100 gallon? Or may be I'll do as what the people in Hong Kong does stack them up?

Comments

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,655 ✭✭✭✭

I hoped you had one of these in the driveway

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,716 ✭✭✭✭

Me too…..I thought I was about to have a friend with a TANK!!!! One of you guys needs to get one.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    Merlinnv12Merlinnv12 Member Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭✭

I appreciate y’alls responses to Yosh.

ALOT

“What we’ve got here, is, failure to communicate.”
  • Options

If I were to get one it'll resemble a fridge on it's back with a cardboard carpet roll on top.

So dude gave me the dimension 36" X 18" and still had it. Maybe I'll have it by the weekend? I guess I'll have to gas up the mini van. Say wouldn't be fun to tape down a PVC pipe on the roof to look like it's a cannon?

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

Going to make a still?

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

Got the tank and I left it in the mini-van. Need to figure out the spot and what to do with the white painted stand. The stand's plywood needs addressing. I think the lower bit got wet and started to peel. I may cut it shorter to remove the flaw and slap another ply before painting.

The tank looked okay. The stand home made and little beat up. Since the tank is a bit odd size and didn't have a same foot print as a 40 gallon. I guess that's why dude had a "custom" stand built with 4X4. Way too heavy and over built.

With a mini van I got a rolling storage so I can be lazy about things. I mean to ponder wisely.