In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Goodbye Washington

ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭

and hello Texas. After a little more than a decade in Washington State we’ve had enough. I never thought I’d see WA become even worse than CA where I grew up for gun control. There’s no end in sight and the Democrats control Olympia 100%. So decided to move to Texas near where a good friend of mine lives(Spring which is about 30 miles north of Houston).

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭

Been all thru WA and at one point even considered retiring there. This was before Marxist DEMOCRATs took over. Wish you well Ruger41.

• Options

thank you! When I moved here in 2007 yes it was liberal but the gun laws were pretty lax especially considering what I had to go through in CA. We didn’t need a permit to carry or take a class, if we did have a carry permit we didn’t have a waiting period. We could own just about anything but full auto. Fast forward to 2024 and now it’s waiting period no matter what, any semi auto guns get logged by the department of licensing. We can no longer legally buy mags over 10 rounds. Virtually all semi auto rifles with just a few exceptions for stuff like Browning BAR’s are banned. Have to take a class to be able to buy guns now. We can’t even buy stuff like Garands & SKS rifles with fixed mags and even if they have under 10 rounds because they have barrel shrouds. FFL’s are getting pushed out by Bloomberg bill’s including one that’s going to require them to record audio & video of all transactions and have special equipment to keep out criminals, costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. Home based FFL’s will be history here.

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭

Good for you! I left Oregone 3+ years ago for the same reasons and don't miss it a bit. Couldn't take the Bravo Sierra anymore.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,504 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a house in Idaho when the East side of the state (Spokane and Whitman counties) voted for waiting periods and universal background checks.

Moved out of WA in March of 2020 when Inslee started his Covid tyranny.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,451 ***** Forums Admin

Lucky you Ruger, I wish you all the best. I wish I could do that too, but I'm stuck here for the moment.

• Options

I wasn’t planning on leaving for about 8 more years when I retired. But this last round of gun control just made me say “to hell with this State.” 3 terms of Jay Inslee and an almost certainty that the even worse Attorney General Bob Ferguson will be the next Governor is enough. The democrats have ruined this state and due to their population there’s no way we’re ever getting a Republican governor, let alone a Republican majority in Olympia again.

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭✭

Hope it works out for you. But, be aware that there is a strong movement afoot to make Texas in the mold of CA, WA, and OR. Just like they did to CO a few years ago, and are doing it to TN right now.

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭✭

Colorado is lost, @truthful . If I could move out of this Constitution-hating state today, I would. 20 years ago, this place was still great but is now just a California toadie following the Communist party line.

@ruger41 : What's the best way to see Washington state? In your rearview mirror. Good luck to you!

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4

I was living just north of Spokane, in Newport Washington. We often went in to Idaho, I saw a hundred bumper stickers DON'T CALIFORNICATE IDAHO. Idaho guys told me, if a car showed up with California plates, it would soon have a broken windshield, or a few flat tires.

• Options
    Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭✭

We also are still thinking about it and preparing for it … thinking about Kentucky or Texas or even Kansas. Depends on the right place coming up...

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

• Options

I grew up in the very conservative part of California (San Joaquin Valley) but the massive democrat population of LA & SF just made it impossible for conservatives to live there anymore. And Schwarzenegger was barely a Republican. Left in 2007 and in less than a decade same stuff here in WA. 3 counties on the Seattle side run everything in WA. Couple that with the massive amount of money Bloomberg spent here to install major anti gun legislation and it’s over for 2A rights in this state. In a few years WA will be lucky to have a handful of gun dealers and most of them will be big box stores that can afford the new video/audio/security measures.

I’m definitely aware of some cities in Texas being blue(like Austin). And with the influx of IA’s that Texas could turn purple to blue in some areas. But I don’t believe the majority of the state will go totally blue for a long while. I know nothing lasts forever. It’s sad because I really liked the State of WA but its political climate is straight garbage now.

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭

Their long-term strategy is to move to state capitol cities and take over the vote. Even happening in Salt Lake City, sad to say.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭✭

Ohio is constitutional carry. If you want to, you can apply for a license at the local sheriff's Dept, and renew your license every 4 years, Otherwise, just carry with common sense and you are good to go.

Joe

• Options
    chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭✭

I see that Inslee managed to get  HB 1474 passed so that home buyers in Washington will have to pay a 'reparations' fee so that minority home buyers will have down payment and closing cost assistance. The $100 fee applies to every recorded document- liens, surveys, deeds and titles.

• Options

Texas is now constitutional carry too although I may get their permit for reciprocity in other states

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭✭

My move to sw Va was delayed as I waited to retire. So I relocated items to the homes of friends there to avoid problems. Unfortunately, the eastern part of Va is the tail that wags the dog and more liberals are moving away from the cities that they created.

Recently, a neighbor asked what "cannon" I fired a few days before. I realized I had been using my dump trailer, so I stopped in front of his house & let the bed down quickly, KA-BOOM. Don't know & don't care if the dummy got it.

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,179 ✭✭✭✭

ruger41  - After seeing Oregon becoming California then Washington State following suit I basically gave up on moving North and remain here in California. Saved myself some moving fees. Then after covid Californians moved East. I reckon Nevada and Arizona will be California East by 10 years. I think the same with Tehas (maybe 15 on the outside). Best hope I am wrong.

I am curious why you didn't move to Idaho or Wyoming? I know you said a friend but still that's far. But I reckon if Tehas goes like I think you got him to blame.

• Options

The job I’m going to be doing I can do from anywhere (non CDL hot shot delivery) but there’s way better money to be made in the Texas area than in Idaho or Wyoming. A lot of freight goes into Wyoming but getting decent loads out is not as good. I was also ready for a job change. Been working in mental health for since 2017 and I’m burned out from it. And I’ll get to live and work with one of my oldest friends since high school.

• Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭✭

Like most States the Big Cities, carry the most votes. Seems that there are more more WOKE folks moving in.

Just need to control the population :LOL .

If it wasn't for Louisville, KY would be the best thing going. We are nowhere near there, 60 mile south in the Barrens Near Mammoth Cave Park.

Moved there 20 years ago to be closer to the Wife's family. Slower pace of live than living in INDY.

Fishing, hunting, hiking, and everyone waves as they drive by, Just some god old folks down here.

Have a Small Shop, volunteer with the Lions Club and watch the horses across the way.

Lot's of work in the are too.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭✭

Have to be careful when dropping the box. I did that to a neighbors straight truck when I was in high school and bent the frame. He was not tickled about it.

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,179 ✭✭✭✭

ruger41 - Gonna be hauling illegals from Tehas to Wyoming?

• Options

LOL no. Mainly hauling freight for oil & gas companies, construction companies and equipment to various places. I can transport vehicles too.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,094 ******

Best wishes for you @ruger41