In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

So how was your Saturday ????

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭

Busy day around here….. I mowed the yard, cut down brush and then burnt the burn pile. Got rid of all the old odds and ends from the basement in the fire too… Ran to town and go picked up several bags of mulch and got a lot of the landscaping finished off around the new back porch…

Cleaned up and spent an hour face timing with my little granddaughters….fun to talk with them and see what they are up too…

Chicken fajitas cooking for supper. A movie in the evening and I will likely be out cold in the recliner early….

So how did you spend your Saturday ??

Comments

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4

Amazing. Went to the range and then reloaded 300 rounds of 9mm with my FIL. Rounded out with a double whisky and the Kentucky Derby.

Oh, and it was sunny and 65 degrees, too.

I consider this a perfect day.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭✭

Need to mow, but it is to wet. Need to put down weed-n-feed, but need to mow first. Kind of a catch 22 going on with my yard.

Power went out at 2:55 this afternoon. Check the power companies website and 99.99% of their customers had power. lucky me, I was one of the select few, .01%, that had an outage. Power just came back on at 7:30. So not exactly a productive day for me. I'm pretty well rested up though!😁 Bob

• Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭✭

William you make me tired just reading all of that. You did have a full day.

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭✭

Moved the biddies from the brooder hutch to the pen, mowed grass. Started cleaning up my shop and rearranging some tool storage, cut grass and cleaned out the tool box in my truck bed

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,818 ✭✭✭✭

Washed last night's supper dishes. Did morning chores. Son and Grandson showed up about 9am and we worked until 6:30 Pm on a tractor that has been waiting on parts for 3-4 months. Gained a lot on that project but discovered more parts needed. Put toys away and called it a day.

• Options
    62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭

Almost finished some work on our 4runner.

A while back the dash showed three warning lights......one of which was the "check engine" light.

The obdII thrown codes indicated a bad evap canister. Turns out......it was the leak detection pump attached to the canister. Soooooo.......175 bucks versus 800.

Should have everything back together by Monday.

BTW.......I'm betting that the little detection pump has a small dc motor (similar to the door lock actuators I've done, and outside rear view mirrors), that's the real problem........and can be replaced for 5-10 bucks. Anyway.....if so......I'll have a spare.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭

Just a down day didn't get much done

I think I over did it on Friday and my body paid for it on Saturday

My mind still thinks I am forty but my body keeps reminding me I am 67

But every day above ground is a Good one

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭

Yesterday was the best Saturday I've had this month.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,390 ******

Coffee and computer time most of the morning since it was rainy outside. Sun came out so I put a chuck roast on and drank some beers in the afternoon, I had already mowed several times earlier in the week and need to do more along with waiting on parts for the excavator which I'm still doing some mods on. Probably do some of the same stuff today….

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,077 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5

It was a good day. Derby Day, I got to spend the day with my wife, kids and grandkids enjoying good food and good horse racing

• Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,199 ******

Fished a crappie tournament.
    We got 4th with a limit.
    Beautiful day.

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,716 ✭✭✭✭

Mine was good…..we handled a few chores in the morning….I got busy listing guns until around 5pm. Larry went to help my brother and they took a few things to an antique store that Larry had stored in my brothers basement. I watched the Netflix movie about the Williams sisters (tennis pros) with Will Smith….it was a really good movie, yall should check it out. I'm going to bed earlier and earlier these days. I was tucked in by 8:30 which is actually a little late for me. So strange because I remember being a late night person for most my life.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭

All of us geezers hear ya, Kasey. 9 to 5 isn't work hours any more - those are sleep times.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭✭

I mowed all the dandelions AGAIN that I mowed 2 days before. Then I took a nap.

Joe

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭

I taught at a 4H Shooting Sports class for the last eight Saturdays. Shot some skeet yesterday…I couldn't hit a bull in the * with a banjo. I'm glad the kids weren't around to see it…😲

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,179 ✭✭✭✭

Came and went too quickly.

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭

William I wish I spent it like you. Wife wanted a short vacation. So I spent Saturday walking around London England to see the sights. Way too many people for me.