In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A little fishing tonight......a couple pics of the evening...

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,665 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 7 in General Discussion

21 bass total….no monsters but a really good time… I really admired this little guy's determination !!

I caught a picture of these three young bucks out feeding on the way home…

Comments

• Options
    Gunnut358Gunnut358 Member Posts: 360 ✭✭✭✭

Bass are all mouth and gut. Their attitude is if it fits, inhale, and if it looks too big, still inhale. Reminds me of the first (and only, I hate to admit) northern pike I caught. Opened it up, and it had several 3"-4" bass minnows in its stomach, but was still hungry for the rubber minnow I was casting.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,653 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7

so what a few small fish and you get to enjoy the day

still beats any day at work hands down

many years ago my brother RIP Scotty had some Oscars in a fish tank they a very aggressive fish if your not familiar

he loved to fish it only 2nd behind drinking 😣 so he tossed in a very young bass in the tank with in a day or two it had ate all the Oscars and was looking for more 😮

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,080 ✭✭✭✭

love that pic of the deer in the field.

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭

I read somewhere years ago that small mouth bass are the most aggressive predator on the planet and that if they grew to the size of some of the big sharks then we'd never be safe swimming.

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,665 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7

One of the few things I miss about Illinois is the Rock River. It ran the whole length of the county we lived in. My office was located two blocks from it and I stopped off there on the way home at least a couple nights each week.. Best small mouth bass fishery I have ever fished

• Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭✭

little guy with a big appetite