In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shipping/Selling ammunition

dfox52dfox52 Member Posts: 1

I checked out all the threads on shipping ammo I could find but did not see this addressed anywhere… Selling as an individual (not in business) Should I ask for a copy of identification (proof of age) before shipping ammo to a buyer?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,460 ***** Forums Admin

You can if you want. The ammo I have sold here, I did not. Just be aware of the states you can't ship ammo to, and the shipping regulations in general.

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭✭

Ammo can still be shipped thru ups counter no sure about FedEx USPS is no no

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,179 ✭✭✭✭

Don't they require hazmat fees, too? Oh if it's California you better not ship directly to the buyer's residence.

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭✭

no haz for ammo,,

• Options
    PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

To my best understanding, small arms ammunition with UPS requires a Hazmat label, which currently is a small white diamond on a black background, and the shipper should be a Hazmat shipper with appropriate training. No longer the old marking, "ORM" (other regulated material) plus "small arms ammunition" marking. As said, US Postal is not allowed. Don't know about FedEx. And there are jurisdictions where ammunition may only be shipped to a dealer of some type, e.g. FFL, or ammunition dealer.