In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Muzzle load combination gun mystery....anyone?

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,739 ✭✭✭✭
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

My estimate is $1,000 + or - $500 (seriously). Depending on who is collecting European arms. It is in very good condition and lightly embellished with engraving.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,509 ******

Captjoel

45 Cal.

JoinedApr 18, 2009Messages1,077Reaction score239

Not a drilling but a cape gun. A drilling has 3 barrels. Usually two smooth bores and a smaller rifled bore. A cape gun has one smooth and one rifled bore. I do agree that this piece has its origins in the Germanic lands.

This was my response to your inquiry made back in 2013 regarding this gun. I once owned a similar period piece (cape gun) that dated a few decades of the 19th century earlier to yours Kasey. I'd estimate your gun is from the mid century (1850 to 1870) time period. The gun I owned was from around1820-30 period and was in very good shooting condition. Took a couple of white tails with it.

Regrettably, I sold it back in 2014 in order to finance another rifle purchase. Sold for 1500.00 dollars.

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,327 ✭✭✭✭

Beautiful old muzzleloader.