In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New movies

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,360 ✭✭✭✭

"The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare" and "Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire". I've been wanting to see "The Ministry" since I saw the trailer. Looks like a fun romp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvwDen1Wrx8

Now if "Ghostbusters" is more of the same as the last one I'll be happy.

Comments

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭✭

Ghostbusters Frozen is a good one, I haven't seen the other one yet

• Options
    Lucky4597 Lucky4597 Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭

Yosh - are you familiar w/Joe Bob Briggs? He's our kinda guy when it come to movies - reviews and recommendations.

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,562 ✭✭✭✭

I rented "The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare" on Amazon. It was decent.

"Rogue Heroes" is a "free" series on Amazon Prime and is basically the same story. There are rumors they are working on a 2nd season.

I still need to watch the latest Ghostbuster movie and will probably rent it from Amazon as well.

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,271 ✭✭✭✭

I am actually planning to go see the new Deadpool movie that is coming out in late July.

• Options
    chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭

I thought Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare was pretty good. Lots of action with suppressed Sten guns.

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,360 ✭✭✭✭

"Ghostbuster" was okay. I liked the last one better (the third movie and not the parallel universe all girl version). It was cool that they brought back the EPA guy you know him as Richard Less. Dude is forever known as Richard Less and the jerk from "Die Hard" 1&2.

I watched half of "The Ministry" before having to go to work. Placing this movie will e difficult since it's a WW2 movie and a tie in with Bond. Also it being "based on truth" and only been declassified in 2016 is crazy. I wonder what they still haven't de-classified?

Lucky4597  - I remember the name and the cowboy get up of Joe Bob but not much else. I remember Rhonda Sheers better but that's private.

drobs  - "Rogue Heroes" I have to keep an eye out for that if they come out on DVD. From IMDB clip it reminds me of "Rat Patrol".

While at Walmart (only place now to buy new DVDs on release date) they had "Mars Attacks!" on Blu Ray. I remember it was "goofy"? With like bunch of "stars" of the time. Oh it was a Tim Burton movie (checked it while on IMDB) so it'll be a hit or a miss. So it was only $5 so it'll be okay.

I also bought a three pack of "How To Train Your Dragon". Last week I bought 4 pack of Kung Fu Panda which was better than I expected. Less like "Schreck" but it was okay. So I guess it'll be like "Kung Fu Panda"?

• Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭✭

310 to Yuma last night.

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,562 ✭✭✭✭

I rented the newest Ghostbusters last night from Amazon for $5.99. It dragged on and on. Lots of old tropes from previous movies - slimer, etc. The whole City freezing over thing didn't happen until that last 20 to 30 minutes of the movie.

I'm glad I didn't pay to see it in the theater.

• Options
    Lucky4597 Lucky4597 Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭

Heck of a flik - assume you mean the latest version w/Bale and Crowe. The original w/Van Heflin and Glen Ford is legend. For a great new modern western try Hostiles.