In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Potential problems with a new "NR" seller

calbomancalboman Member Posts: 1

I am interested in bidding on a gun listed on GB. The seller has a Verified check mark, but is not rated, and the item is not cart eligible. The seller is NOT accepting credit cards, and only accepts payment by check/money order. My concern is that I send payment and they never ship the gun. With a credit card I would have some recourse with my bank, but with a check, and a unrated seller, I'm very nervous! I doubt GB would be able to help me either. Am I being overly cautions?

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12:52AM

Nope, but no one here can really help, apart from sage, or other advice. My take is, trust your instincts. If this is not the last one of these you will ever have a chance to buy, keep looking.

And good luck!

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 59,400 ******

Welcome to the Forums @calboman

All sellers, and buyers start with No Rating. As a buyer, ask questions of the seller before buying. Use your best judgement from there. Also consider, is the same item offered by any other seller?

As a buyer you are also cover by GunBroker's Buyer Protection. You can read more about it at this link on the auction side;

Buyer's Protection Program – GunBroker

Good luck, let us know if you bid and win. Stick around and join in on the forums.

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭

Ask the seller for some pictures, more Ans see what happens.
    I did that and asked a couple questions and then nothing. I reported both and both got removed.

BUT , Joe said - got to start somewhere-

• JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭

Over the years I've found that when that little bird sitting on your shoulder whispers something in your ear it's best to listen to it.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee