In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WTB: 8 - .45 Magnum unprimed or spent cartridges

jimn77jimn77 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
I have a project where I'm building a shifter knob for a hotrod truck, using an old unusable .45 Mag cylinder that I got from a local gun smith and I've already fit it for the shift lever but need some brass to load it up with. I shoot & reload .45 ACP and was just going to stuff some polished copper bullets into it after polishing up the brass heads and loading fake primers into it.

I'm happy to pay a fair price (including postage) for 8, preferably unprimed or spent cartridges (2 spare just in case) and hope someone is able to provide.

Thanks! [8D]

Comments

• Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    Please clarify... exactly what dummy cartridges are you seeking?

45 win mag, 45 acp, 45 colt, ???? Doubt you have a 45 win mag cylinder.
  • Options
    jimn77jimn77 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not certain which handgun cylinder this is from but a .45 Long Colt cartridge may suffice if I don't set the bullet in too far. The cylinder I got from the gunsmith has 6 chambers that measure .467" diameter and 1.53" long. I'm obviously going for aesthetics and will attempt to have the bullet protrude from the front of the cylinder by about .15" so the bullet can just barely be seen from the side.

I'm open to suggestions but I just need a cartridge that will allow me to firmly set the bullet while giving me a bit of visibility to the bullet tip from the back. Overall finished cartridge length about 1.68" - again, purely aesthetics. Thanks!