In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Looking for a single stack, low cap AK style rifle

JTofSDJTofSD Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
Hi everyone,

I am looking for an inexpensive AK style rifle (7.62) with only a single stack ten round magazine. Not because my state requires it, but because for my needs a larger magazine is not essential.

I have read in various forums things like, "a single stack is worth only about half as much as one that will hold a 30 round mag" ect.... But I have not been able to find many listings for the single stack or low capacity rifle.

I have watched the for-sale ads, and if you have a single stack only AK, please direct me toward your GunBroker sale.

Thanks

Comments

• competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JTofSD
    Hi everyone,

I am looking for an inexpensive AK style rifle (7.62) with only a single stack ten round magazine. Not because my state requires it, but because for my needs a larger magazine is not essential.

I have read in various forums things like, "a single stack is worth only about half as much as one that will hold a 30 round mag" ect.... But I have not been able to find many listings for the single stack or low capacity rifle.

I have watched the for-sale ads, and if you have a single stack only AK, please direct me toward your GunBroker sale.

Thanks

The single-stack AK-type rifles were created in response to law (mostly the 1994 "Crime Bill") and import restrictions in place at the time.

Most of the single-stack AKs have now been converted to accept standard double-stack magazines. (It is just a matter of widening the magazine opening in the receiver.) Most of the laws (and expectations or interpretations of laws) that "motivated" the creation of the single-stack AK are not an issue anymore. I doubt you will be able to buy a single-stack at "half" the price of a standard AK.

There are a good number of choices for low-priced AKs now, so finding an inexpensive one shouldn't be a problem.
  • JTofSDJTofSD Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info.