In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thompson Center Contender that I sold

jwr1059jwr1059 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
A number of years back while living in KC, I was hurting for money and sold a generation 1 Thompson Center Contender with a .45/.410 barrel. On the bottom of the grip it had G.O.R. engraved into the plate.

It was my dad's gun and his favorite out of all the ones he owned.

I would like to find it and get it back. I believe I sold it to a gentleman who ran a gunshop in MO and was somewhat of Thompson Center Contender expert/fan.

Any information related to helping me track down the gun would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That brings up an interesting subject. With all the background checks, records, ID's req'd. etc. is it an easy matter for an individual to determine where that particular gun is today?
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    NOPE not easy BATF is the only one that can ask a ffl lic holder to show them their records. once it is sold from the shop it will be in private hands Then it could be sold on a face to face sale from one friend to another still legal but no way for BATF to find out where it is.stolen guns to have a network of serial numbers but only law enforcement can get that information.