In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta 92A1 sights

furciousfurcious Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
I bought a salemen sample Beretta 92A1 9MM and took it to the range
and fired it. It shoots 6 inches low at 25 feet. So I order a adjustable
rear sight for it and now it shoots 2-3 inches low with no adjustments
left. Contacted Beretta and they said that was well in parameter for
this gun. I need a lower front sight for this gun. Does any one know
where I can get a sight for this gun. Otherwise it is being sold.
Thanks Dan

Comments

• Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At which range (distance) was the group shot?
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 92's are factory checked at 25 yards, 3 times your range. Here's a c&p for you to read.....

test fire your pistol (single action) over sandbags at dinner sized paper plates at 25 yards with 124 grain FMJ. Use both hands, resting your wrists and the grip on the sandbags. Coc k hte hammer by hand, and gently squeeze the trigger. Fire several 5 round clips in this process. The more you do this, the tighter your groups will become. Do not coc k the hammer by squeezing the trigger ... this will ruin any groups you try to make.
    Third, analyze your target. It will tell you what you are doing wrong.
    a) If your shots are low, you are jerking the trigger and pushing the muzzle of the pistol down in anticipation of recoil.
    b) If your shots group around left of center, you do not have enough finger on the trigger.
    c) If your pistol groups around right of center, you have too much finger on the trigger.
    d) If your pistol groups high, you may not be "locking" your wrist and elbow.