In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WTB Ceiner Magazine for 22 Conversion

Bottom GunBottom Gun Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
I'm looking for some 15 rd .22 magazines for Ceiner 1911 conversion units. I will consider 10 rd mags but prefer 15 rd.
Mechanical engineers have their moments.

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I know it is nice to have an original magazine for ANY pistol one owns and can't help you on a CEINER those people are very hard to work with[V] But the GSG 1911 pistol magazines is the BEST made conversion unit magazines made to day and works flawless in most any brand conversion sort of like a wilson 1911 MAGAZINE
    [red]EDIT if you find the GSG mags dont work I will purchase from you at your cost /red] Let me know if you can't use them Karl.
  • Bottom GunBottom Gun Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the great suggestion!!!!! I was looking for an alternative to the polymer magazines that came with my Kimber Rimfire.
    Until now, I wasn't aware the GSG magazines existed. They look like they are exactly what I was looking for. In the past, I used Ceiner magazines with my Kimber Conversion unit but I let them all go when I sold the conversion.
    Looks like my problem is solved now. I just ordered a couple GSG magazines with high capacity followers from www.JoeBobOutfitters.com.
    Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.
  • rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a friend who has a GSG 1911 in 22LR and found that the magazines for Sig 1911 22 conservion kits are the same magazines with the SigArms logo on the base and about half the cost as the GSG's.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I've got a older Kimber 22 conversion with metal mags. Picked up a couple newer plastic Kimber mags and they feed good [^]

GSG mags will NOT work with the Kimber conversion [B)][xx(]
    I have both [^]
    edited November -1
    I believe that, like the .22 conversions sold by Wilson Combat, the early Kimber conversions with metal magazines were made by Ceiner. The new style Kimber conversions with polymer magazines are a different design. I've had both old and new style Kimber conversions in the past and found the new style to be an improvement over the older Ceiner made units.
    I've already ordered two GSG mags so I'll be able to let you guys know soon if they work in this Kimber Rimfire.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bottom Gun
    I believe that, like the .22 conversions sold by Wilson Combat, the early Kimber conversions with metal magazines were made by Ceiner. The new style Kimber conversions with polymer magazines are a different design. I've had both old and new style Kimber conversions in the past and found the new style to be an improvement over the older Ceiner made units.
    I've already ordered two GSG mags so I'll be able to let you guys know soon if they work in this Kimber Rimfire.

READ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ [:0]
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Karl, I appreciate your most helpful advice and your generous offer. That is very kind of you.
    The GSG magazines I ordered arrived yesterday. When I examined them, I was very pleased with the workmanship. I've owned a number of different conversions in the past: Colt, Ceiner, Jarvis and both old and new style Kimber units. In my experience, the magazines have been the weak links in some units. These GSG magazines, however, are some of the best quality I've seen. The spring is robust. I like that.
    I was able to slip out for a while yesterday to test these magazines. They work fine in this Kimber Rimfire pistol. They fit better than the factory magazines and, so far, they have functioned 100%. I really like them and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others.
    Thanks again for letting me know about them. My search is over.
    Ken