In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Needed Left Hand 22 LR Target Rifle

Country GunsCountry Guns Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
I do most of the gun work for the Piasa Junior Rifle Program in Alton, IL as well as garner support from various manufacturers and we are in need of a Left Hand, 22 LR Bolt Action target rifle for a very serious 16 year old young lady. She is the valedictorian of her class this year and a serious shooter. She is currently shooting one of our Winchester Model 75 rifles and doing very well with it, but is required to break position to reload. Savage makes a left hand version of their Mark I/II series, but no one makes a suitable peep sight for it. Please help if you know of any available.

Comments

• Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for your suggestion. That is a really grand rifle an would be great for her an us. However, by the time we get sights on it, our out of pocket costs is bordering on $1600 to 1700 and that is beyond our capabilities. We have over the years, bought lot of Winchester rifles from their dead gun rack (Models 69 and 75) and a few new Savage rifles. Her Father is a disabled American Vet and is not able to help much with the purchase. But again, Thank you for your interest and your suggestion.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How about this then??
    Shouldn't be too hard to add a 6" long tip off .22 style base to the top of it so you can slip on the target sites like the Anshcutz use.
    http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=489460707

with this on it...
    141742.jpg
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    I'll bet a post on General Discussion and a request for donations would help a long ways towards that Anschutz! I know I'd throw a little green in the hat!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MG1890
    I'll bet a post on General Discussion and a request for donations would help a long ways towards that Anschutz! I know I'd throw a little green in the hat!

Second that!!

A pic of her on the firing line would have the donations rolling in.

A lefty trying to compete with a right hand gun.[V]

Us old shooters have a soft spot in our hearts when we see a youngin
    shooting.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Country guns,
    I took it upon myself to plug this WTB over in the general discussion
    forums where there is loads more viewers.
    I hope you don't mind,

Bob

see here:
    https://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=655230
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello to everyone and not only do I not mind I wholeheartedly thank you. The range shooting starts this evening and I finished installing a new striker spring in the Win Model 75 that she will be using. Pictures will be coming soon. Thanks loads.
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    Country Guns, an address for donations would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MG1890
    Country Guns, an address for donations would be appreciated.

Me too.

SS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you all for your help, suggestions, and moral support. I absolutely love the responses that you have made. There is an Anschutz on GB auction right now and I am the only bidder so far. It is a steal, I think without shooting it, at $950 and I bid as high as I could with $750 and it met the reserve. The 16 year old young lady that needs this rifle is shooting in the Olin Summer Program and also shoots in the Piasa Winter Program. She is currently working on her Distinguished Rifle in the prone position. She has progressed very quickly, perhaps because of her desire and perhaps because of the instructors. Two instructors are NRA Certified Range Officers and Rifle Coaches. We have been running this program for more than 20 years, and right now, the junior shooters pay $25 for the entire shooting season. This includes the rifle and ammunition, hearing and eye protection, auxiliary equipment, and targets. Everything they need except to show up at 8:00 AM on Saturday mornings. Piasa is registered with the Youth Shooting Sports Alliance Not only is this program a serious program it is a fun program and these shooters have a great time and are really great kids. Several of these youths have gone on and earned Distinguished Rifleman. I am a bit long winded about this but then I am enthused about it and also a 20 year military retiree that was an electronics instructor and technical writer. So I get a pass on the long winded writing part. My name is Dave Kassing, 6810 Quail Walk, Edwardsville, IL 62025, 618/920-1768.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Country Guns...
    You sir are a head above many by virtue of your enthusiasm with young shooters.

I've got a Grant waiting to be sent for use in securing our shooting future!

Drop me a PM by eMail... And it'll be on the way.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My check left this am.

who knows...you might get enuff for this one too...
    http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=490917968

[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ""My name is Dave Kassing, 6810 Quail Walk, Edwardsville, IL 62025, 618/920-1768"".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Now that is a really great rifle. That 20 power Unertle scope is a real gem. Thank you!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Country Guns
    Now that is a really great rifle. That 20 power Unertle scope is a real gem. Thank you!!!

I posted your name and address because many of the guys here, while
    generous and well meaning, don't have great reading skills.[:D]

That is the same set-up I used many years ago, mine was a 1413 with the same 20x scope.

Just like this one[8D]
    anschutz2.jpg
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pictures of the young shooter as sent to me by Country Guns...

I'll allow C-G to elaborate upon the pics.

2lswp6a.jpg

2popsab.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you Robert for posting those pictures. I dont need to add anything as the pictures tell it all.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hea Haw!!! The auction is closed and I get the rifle. Thanks to everyone for your support. Pictures coming as soon as I receive the rifle and get a photo shoot.