In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WTB- H&A firing pin assembly

buttplatebuttplate Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
Hello!
I am looking for a firing pin for a Hopkins & Allen small frame .22 cal. Safety Police revolver. This is unlike most firing pins because the through pin in the frame acts as a pivot for this lever-looking firing pin and the hammer strikes the back of it to fire a cartridge. I am enclosing a drawing of what I think it should look like.
Thank you!
buttplate

HampA%20Firing%20pin%20Drawing_zps2nkbf0ya.jpg

Comments

• pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    these are the type I am used to seeing and I even have some parts for them, you must have something weird.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/HopkinsAllen-33297/Revolvers-36551/SafetyPoliceSmallFrame-38056.htm?page=2
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • buttplatebuttplate Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reply! I have had to make 2 of these firing pins before, and I thought that someone out there has seen this firing pin and may have a source for it. I just don't want to have to make another one. These firing pins are only on the Hopkins & Allen Safety Hammer .22 top-break revolver. I submitted a request to Numrich for info and availability on this part and they were unaware of this particular item.
    I guess I'll have to break out the old Dremel tool once again.
    buttplate
  • pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah sometimes all you can do is make and fit a new part, I probably could make the part also if I had a gun to fit one on. I have some stuff for the older revolvers but don't think I have what you are showing in the drawing.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should