In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WTB Unaltered Pre-64 M-70 300/338 Win Mag Stock

Fairlane66Fairlane66 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭
As the Subject line says, I would like to buy an unaltered OEM Pre-64 (1962 or 1963) Winchester Model 70 stock for a 300 or 338 Win Mag. I have a complete 300 Win Mag barreled action and just need an OEM stock to bring her back to factory standards. The correct stock has a thin, red/orange ventilated Winchester recoil pad. I believe all 300 Win Mag and some late 338 Win Mag rifles came so equipped. Earlier 338 Win Mag rifles had a solid recoil pad, which would be incorrect for the late-run 300 Win Mag rifles. I've looked on GunBroker and the other common on-line auction site for two years with no luck. Also, the correct recoil pads are unavailable, even as reproductions, at least to my knowledge, so I couldn't buy a used stock and simply add a repro pad. The ventilated pads available from Galazan are for post-64 rifles. If anyone has the correct stock they'd like to sell, please contact me. Or, if anyone knows where I can find one, please zip me a note. Thanks in advance for the help.