In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ranger 101.8 or Stevens Model 83

gunner12345gunner12345 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
I need a bolt, trigger guard, front and rear sight to complete my Ranger 101.8. This cross references to a Stevens/Springfield Model 83. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    check www.e-gunparts.com they may have some stuff but I doubt the bolt as they are rare for the single shots since many were removed and misplaced so if found prices are high, I have been hoarding one for sometime now and am waiting for the right collector to need one that is willing to pay the price.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the reply. I've checked Numerich and all of the available internet sources. Yes, I know that the parts are hard to find, especially at reasonable prices. I hate the thought of parting out one of these rare rifles as so many others have done.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    which triggerguard does yours use ?
    I may have the sights and maybe even the triggerguard if I know which version the ranger used.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Again, thanks for the reply. As sad as it makes me, I think I will part out this fine old single shot rather than sink money into a rifle I'll never find a bolt for. It's a shame, but paying over a $100.00 for a bolt for a rifle that sells for $75.00 at a pawn shop is silly. If I want a good single shot, there are many available on the market.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    restoring old 22's isn't about the cost, I've done several and each cost me about twice the cost of a new one but I enjoyed doing it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I too enjoy repairing and completing old and antique guns. The frustration is when there simply are no parts or the few parts available are so outrageously priced as to be out of reach. If I can't complete something, perhaps it is best to try to help someone else and move along.