In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lyman 45

victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
Lubrisizer. Need the machine screw that goes through the handle and into the main body of the sizer. The lever pivots on the machine screw.

Comments

• Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Measure the screw, I build machines every day and have bins of all kinds of screws.
    We can set up a cheap buy it now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Never heard back from Tflogger.

Any one available to make the bolt. Will provide dimensions.
  • Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you post the dimensions maybe someone will have something laying around that they didn't know what it fits.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    jds56jds56 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If still interested, I will make a screw/bolt for your Lyman 45 based on the one I made for mine several years ago using a 5/16" machine bolt and turning it partially down to take the 1/4-28 thread. About the only difference is you have a hex head to tighten with instead of that crumby screw slot and can get it tight. Gratis.

Mine broke because the slide would not move freely on the lube reservoir and would bind. I thought the bullet was just stiff to size but that was not the case. A little oil would have prevented the problem.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    JDS,

That would be great. Let me know what the cost is. Perhaps we could trade. I have a lot of different brass and some cast bullets (e.g., 358 WC, 430, lee 12 slugs 115 gr 308 RN, 150 gr 308FN and can cast some 7mm (139 gr I think)