In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Portuguese Stuff

nunoc13nunoc13 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
Hi. First of all I send my greetings to all .
I am a Portuguese collector , member of the Portuguese Munitions collectors Association and the Spanish Association of collectors of Cartucheria . From some time ago to this part , I have been collecting national articles relating to Portuguese production plants , including empty ammunition boxes , stamps, documents found in ammo crates, packages .... Factories such as the Arsenal do Ex?rcito , F?brica de Chelas , F?brica de P?lvora, Officina Pyrotechnica, among others .... I hereby ask, if by chance, does a member has this kind of stuff and if he is interested in negotiating . Here are photos of similar items to what I'm looking for .
Best regards
Nuno
[img][/img]12436321_1169738443053927_1222432904_o.jpg
12413810_1169738409720597_448949209_o.jpg
12436321_1169738443053927_1222432904_o.jpg

Comments

• Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IBTL 1st wooooo hooooo
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome, have you done a search on the auction side?
    Good Luck on your endeavor.
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My mother-in-law is Portugese, Souza. She is very explosive, yer welcome to her...
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad
    IBTL 1st wooooo hooooo

why lock, he is New and it will be explained to him...woooooo hooooo
  • Options
    rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had R&R one time in Lisbon....... Holy cow......

That girl was beautiful...
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I sold a Portuguese six inch Luger holster with cleaning rod awhile back, it sold to Brazil, and a Portuguese marked Mauser 1910 pistol. Also a '41 Portugeses contract K98k bayo, but haven't seen anything for a bit.

Most Americans don't know what to look for so just check the pictures on the auction side real close.
    Make sure they will ship to Portugal before you bid as most are ignorant of international selling and won't even attempt it.

Good luck.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got any Portuguese AR-10 stuff?????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok guys, where is the woo-hoo section?
    And thanks for the reply.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The suggestion is to try searching through the auction side of the site.

If you don't find what you are looking for, try posting on the 'Want to Buy' forum.

Good luck.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will trade you Kenyan HNIC for a ammo box????? You can pick him up at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC. Is that close enough????Oakie

OH, IBTL[;)]
  • Options
    1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome aboard nunoc13. I don't think trading is allowed on this site, but "buy it now" deals at predetermined prices through the auction side are okay. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong here).

With that in mind, I have some 8x56Rmm, 50 round packets of cartridges with WOODEN tipped bullets in original paper packaging wrapped with twine from Portugal for Kropatschek rifles. Package says: Fabrica De Polvora Em Barcarena Cartuchos Com Bala Simulada 8mm m/89. I think this is Portuguese 8mm rimmed ammo with wooden bullet blanks from Fabrica De Armes (FA) made in 1904. After 1919 this company became Arsenal do Esercito (AE), Arsenal of the Army, which lasted until 1937. In 1885 Portugal adopted this cartridge for the Steyr (Austria) manufactured Guedes single shot under lever Martini-Henry type rifle. Since you are a collector, perhaps you could confirm or deny whether this is correct.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Close enough. 10.000 milles from Portugal. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    The suggestion is to try searching through the auction side of the site.

If you don't find what you are looking for, try posting on the 'Want to Buy' forum.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I already did that but I had no luck. I will try "want to buy" forum.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just to inform you all, I'm not interested in ammunition. Just in empty boxes, documents, stamps, related do the Portuguese manufacturing.
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1BigGuy
    Welcome aboard nunoc13. I don't think trading is allowed on this site, but "buy it now" deals at predetermined prices through the auction side are okay. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong here).

With that in mind, I have some 8x56Rmm, 50 round packets of cartridges with WOODEN tipped bullets in original paper packaging wrapped with twine from Portugal for Kropatschek rifles. Package says: Fabrica De Polvora Em Barcarena Cartuchos Com Bala Simulada 8mm m/89. I think this is Portuguese 8mm rimmed ammo with wooden bullet blanks from Fabrica De Armes (FA) made in 1904. After 1919 this company became Arsenal do Esercito (AE), Arsenal of the Army, which lasted until 1937. In 1885 Portugal adopted this cartridge for the Steyr (Austria) manufactured Guedes single shot under lever Martini-Henry type rifle. Since you are a collector, perhaps you could confirm or deny whether this is correct.

Thanks for reply. Here you can find all about Portuguese factories http://apcm.home.sapo.pt/artigo3a.htm
    You can translat it in Google, the translation is pretty good.
    Hope that helps.
    I have one of those, a kropatschek box, but is dated 1905.
  • Options
    HHollowHHollow Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a photo of a bundle of chamber cleaning brushes once owned by an armourer for the Portuguese Military. The cleaning brushes were made in Holland for the AR10 rifles used in Africa. Peter Wilke (Canada) bought a bunch of the surplus rifles and parts and this bundle came with. Note the tag, showing it was in Portuguese inventory.

ok1tlu.jpg
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Moved to the Want Ads Forum.