In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Went ICE Fishing today! Lots of Pics.

RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
edited January 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
It has been unseasonably warm this year and have had almost a week of above freezing weather. Last Sunday I fished a small pond and did well and it had 9" of ice.

Decided to try it again today and hope it would have at least 6". To my surprise it had the full 9" and almost 10" in a few spots. The slightly freezing temps at night must be keeping up with the warm days.

I will say that I have never heard any ice as noisy as this pond was this morning. Like rolling thunder from one side to the other and back again. Very entertaining to say the least.

So here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

Pic #1 - The setup of my 5 tip-ups. Very hard to see them all in this shrunken pic.

PICKEREL006.jpg

Pic #2 - What a Bruiser!!!

PICKEREL010.jpg

Pic #3 - Bruiser vs Minnnow!!!

PICKEREL011.jpg

Pic #4 - An actual decent pickerel.

PICKEREL008.jpg

Pic #5 - Looking back toward the truck from the 5th tip-up. Can you find it?

PICKEREL014.jpg

I caught and released about 12 pickerel today. Was the smallest bunch I have ever caught here. Most were around 12 inchers. Had fun but was a little dissapointed since last Sunday caught two that went around 24" but didnt have my camera then.

Comments