In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Great Item...I Have Had One for...

COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
edited January 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
...about 3 years. Ever been fishing, and the fish jump all over a plastic bait that you have only a "few" of? Of course when that happens the bait gets mauled or lost, then your SOL. With this tool it won't happen again! Don Iovino is who I ordered mine from. A few other sources, but they all run more money.

...Iovino is a retired tourney guy, I actually delt mainly with his wife, both are good people.

...I saw one of these several years back at a tackle shop and passed it up. Later I looked ALL over for one, as I had decided it was a GOOD idea, but could not find one. Finally found it on the net at Iovino's site.

...Small enough for the whole kit to fit in a pocket in my worm bag, and does everything they claim and more. Instant heat to work on any plastic bait. The plastic does not gum up the tips either. I have repaired and customized countless baits with this thing, works great.
Thought I would pass it on, I love mine. It's one of those tools that you are not sure how you ever did without!...[;)]

...this is the kit I have. I believe you can buy a single AA battery size Womizer, but not sure how that one performs. Sounds like an ad, but it is just an excellent tool that does all it says it will do, and more.

wormizer_274.jpg

http://www.iovino.com/wormizer_274kit.htm

Lure_3.gif

texasd.gif

Comments

• Options
    2-barrel2-barrel Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a charcoal lighter with the long snout and melt plastic worms for repairing plastic baits. Fish don't seem to mind either.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    2-barrel, yeah Ive used lighters and anything that was portable to repair baits, but not anywhere close to as effective
    as this thing. You have surgical precision available with this.

You can take a black lizard (any color) and put a different color tail (or legs) on it, and it looks "factory" made. Ive "customized" countless baits with the Wormizer.

...One of my favorite lizard colors is black. I took the belly from a chartreuse/pumpkin seed lizard, and "transplanted" it onto a black lizard. Awesome. The transplant took me 2-3 tries before I got it down, but was/is really easy to master, and obtain perfect results.

...With this thing, let your imagination be your guide! With the 4 tips that come with the kit, you can re-attach any part of a plastic bait, as strong as it was when brand new. I find it easier to use than any lighter Ive ever used, and far superior. Tips allow you to melt the plastic all the way through the bait, not just the outside.
    ...You do have to be careful though, this thing heats up to red hot+ in less than 2 sec. You would think that an item that works from a "dead short", would be hard on batteries, but it's not.

...and fewer burnt fingers too! [;)]

Lure_3.gif

texasd.gif
  • Options
    MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BLOVIATOR THAT THING LOOKS GREAT HELL ALL I EVER USED WAS A CHEAP LIGHTER. ALL I CAN AFFORD. YOU SOUND LIKE YOU CAN USE THAT SO EXPERTLY THAT I WILL BE DOWN AND LET YOU USE IT ON MY HEMROIDS. HE HE WE CAUGHT A NICE MESS OF CRAPPIE YESTERDAY AT TABLEROCK. GOING TO USE THE PEPPER PUPPIES FOR A TRY. WILL BE THINKING OF YOU TIS A BLESSING TO LIVE IN THE OZARKS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ...your just rubbing it in now. The wind has been tough, steady 20, gusts up to 40, now another front has moved in. [V] Passed on a new pinnacle 7bb, one roller, total 8...should have got it. Going to get the next one I think. Ebay. They will bring 20-30 bucks more closer to spring we get. Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif