In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A fishing Story.. of sorts

PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
edited January 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
So about 7 months ago we moved to a new FOB (Forwar Operating Base, sort of like a vietnam firebase) which featured a quasi pond\lake sort of thing. Naturally us being from Michigan it wasn't long before the fishermen in the company had some gear sent from home and decided to try and fish the pond\lake\cess pool thing. I went down with one of my buddys and pulled guard while he fished. So I"m standing there with a mossberg 500 while he's casting out into the water. We can tell there's someting in the water becaue there's lots of ripples and motion so he casts towards teh ripples. Before long he gets a bite, sets the hook and starts hauling the "Fish" in. It's putting up a decent fight, and finally breaks surface about 12' from the shore. Thing was it weren't a fish. It was a 3' long VIPER!! We quickly realize taht the water is not full of fish, but full of snakes. Now keep in mind, I HATE SNAKES!! The mossberg 500 and my 9mm are feeling woefully inadequate at this point, plus the fact that firing live rounds in the green zone is highly frowned upon. My buddy whips out a ka-bar severs his fishing line, and we make a hasty withdrawal to higher ground. The entire way I am seeing snakes poiesed to strike in every shadow. We made it without further incident, and I now avoid that snake pit like the plague. I hate snakes!!

Comments

• Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...[:D][:D]

...On accident I have foul hooked some snakes, they really put up a fight. Cutting the line is the only way to go when you realize your "fish" has mutated into a snake...[:D]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Run down to the shore and cast...Leave your bail open and run like hell back up to safe ground...close the bail. Catch the snakes and skin them out and dry the skins...Would make a nice wall-hanging...Maybe some of the locals will want the meat!?!...Could be fun!!![:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a true fishing story. Believe it or not in the peoples republic of Ka, one must possess a Fishing license to take certain reptiles, such as a rattlesnake.
  • Options
    PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    yeah, i'm sure the sgt major would love me hangin snakes out to dry in the motor pool!! Actually it'd almost be worth it to see the look on his face!! Add it to that list of things SPC Buzzard is not allowed to do!