In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

High Speed trolling-----

mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
edited January 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
Here's my old 450 HP high speed troller, the fish had to swin fast to catch the bait[:D]
mkc2np.jpg
mkc39s.jpg

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A friend I had in HS's dad had a boat on lake Erie that would make that boat look small in both size and power. 2 V8 chevy short blocks.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I would be willing to bet $50.00 I can beat him in a 1/4 mile !!
    A twin engined 23 footer running 454 chevys tried only once, and was to embarresed to try again.
    He would have beat me if it would have been 1/2 mile, but it wasn't.....
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrbruce
    I would be willing to bet $50.00 I can beat him in a 1/4 mile !!
    A twin engined 23 footer running 454 chevys tried only once, and was to embarresed to try again.
    He would have beat me if it would have been 1/2 mile, but it wasn't.....

LOL, yeah i bet that little thing gets up to speed pretty quick.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    I was out with a friend who had some ungodly boat that looked similar to this one, it would freakin fly!
    We were running parralel (sp ck) to hwy 30, and out running cars doing 70!
    A Texas State trooper saw us, circled around back to the ramp and yelled over his loud speaker for us to come talk to him. We went over, and he began to YELL at us for speeding! Ha ha. We were in an unmarked area, no speed zone area of the lake, and told him so. He insisted we could not drive that fast, we told him we could.

...A game warden happened to notice us all talking (we were in the boat still) and came over to check out the problem. The Trooper told the game warden that we were speeding on the lake. The game warden ask him where he (trooper) saw us going 70+ in the water. The trooper pointed out the area of the lake we were "speeding" in. The game warden seemed irritated, kinda of like the Trooper had "stepped" onto his (game wardens) turf. The game warden told the trooper there was no "speed limit" in that area of the lake, and he should stick to watchin for speeders on the hwy., not on the lake!
    ...The Trooper was pizzed to say the least, grumbled something under his breath, and SLAMMED his cruiser door and SPUN his tires leaving...As the Trooper pulled back on the hwy, we ran beside him, speeding 70+ again!...he dumped it, and finally pulled away, guess his wife had a "headache" the night before...[:D]

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif