In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fav places to fish?

Bolivers WifeBolivers Wife Member Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
where is everyones fav place's to fish???????????

Comments

• Options
    One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    The John Day river here in Oregon. I like some of the deaper holes on this river. They dredged it for gold in the old days and it left behind some nice pools. Another place I like to fish is the coast of outside of Lincoln City, Oregon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    do you ever go out on the ocean? I love to bottom fish and tuna fish (no jokes Please[:D])
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yup. Did that fish'n for red snapper and salmon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    did you like it??? I love going out however not best choice when preg....I got sick once for every three fish I caught...[xx(]
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...you can tune a guitar, but you can't tune a fish, sorry [}:)]
    Love saltwater fishin, almost always something thats hungry!

...My favorite spots are actually to find old tanks, and lakes on farms, ranches...lot of nice fish to be had...and not ever crowded...[;)]

4171.gif

texasd.gif
  • Options
    peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    My brother in laws back yard !! Sometime I have to run the 'gators off first ![:0]

dcp_0423a.jpg

Thanks---Peabo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Best part of deep water fishing is watching the other folks leaning over the rails chum'n for top feeders.
  • Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    the pond in my back yard [:D]

taz
  • Options
    Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    P.Priest Lake, Dale Hollow Lake, Lake Guntersville. Would be my top 3.

The lake I want to fish the most would be Lake Fork TX.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Several places along the Rock River and Kyte Creek for Smallmouth Bass. Several lakes in the area for Largemouth.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    JimmyBoss, I have caught a lot of crappie and stripper in Lake Guntersville. That was a long time ago, before I got into Bass fishing. My brother tells me they are catching a lot of Strippers in Smith Lake, in Cullman County (Ala) now. He has caught some 25 pounders. Smith Lake is a HUGH lake that you may want to check on.

Thanks---Peabo
  • Options
    Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by peabo
    JimmyBoss, I have caught a lot of crappie and stripper in Lake Guntersville. That was a long time ago, before I got into Bass fishing. My brother tells me they are catching a lot of Strippers in Smith Lake, in Cullman County (Ala) now. He has caught some 25 pounders. Smith Lake is a HUGH lake that you may want to check on.

Thanks---Peabo

Peabo,
    We caught rockfish(stripper) down below Cheatham dam that go over 35pnds and here on Old Hickory 40+ up near the steam plant. I try to make it to Guntersville at least 2 a year and fish the Goose Pond area. I love rat fishing and pulling a senko off the edages of the grass mats.
    How about the spots down there? I have heard some rumors of big spots going 5-6+pnds[:0].
  • Options
    walleyemanwalleyeman Member Posts: 129 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mississippi River, Lake Pepin, Lake michigan--- Walleye, salmon

Walleyeman
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Mount Rainier National Park.
    Fly Fishing for 20" rainbow trout in the lakes and in the streams there are brookies, montana black spot, dollies and rainbow although not nearly as big.
  • Options
    41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    Any place that has water in it. [}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    41 nut: In that case what about the toilet. All I get is Boneless Browns there.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jimmyboss, I haven't even thought about Old Hickory in a long while !
    A friend of mine, his family and my family went up there on a picnic one day and he was going to show me a new rod and reel that he had just bought. He put a lure on it because he couldn't check it out without some kind of weight on it. On about the third cast, a game warden came up and asked for his license. He told him that he was just checking out his new rod and reel and was not really fishing. The game warden asked what he had on the end of the line. Well, it was a lure designed to catch fish ---- got a ticket for fishing without a license. We both lived in Smyrna and didn't have a license because we always fished on Sewart AFB and didn't need a license to fish there.
    When I was a kid, my step-father would schedule a crappie fishing trip every spring. We would usually fish at Brown's Creek area or at the hwy 69 causeway going into Guntersville. Occassionally we would fish on the high side of Guntersville dam for strippers. I saw the biggest catfish of my life hanging from a fence post. That was below the dam. Looked to weigh at least 100 pounds.[:0]
    I'll stop rambling now and see if I can think up some more lies ![:D]

Thanks---Peabo
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    Lake Michigan for Salmon and Trout
  • Options
    EqualizerEqualizer Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sabine Lake ,Southeast Texas[:D][:D]
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Blue Ribbon Award waters of the Missouri River for trophy browns and rainbows.

Hunter Bay in Saskatchewan for pikes, walleyes, and lake trouts.
  • Options
    BigoledudeBigoledude Member Posts: 39
    edited November -1
    Where the Mississippi river empties into the Gulf of Mexico is in Venice, Louisiana. We have anchored in one place and caught sac-a-lait (crappie), bass, very large stripers, rod breaking redfish, and absolutely huge speckled trout! There are several more species such as flounder, croaker, the largest catfish I've ever seen, and white trout etc...

Right off shore can be found the best of North America's "Blue Water" biggies such as tuna, marlin, swordfish and dolphin etc..

Just about every time we run into visitors down there, they are amazed that more people don't know about this paradise. They cannot believe how many freshwater and saltwater fish can be legally taken each day! And, most guides can fill your limits.

I have no relationship in any way or fashion with anyone in the industry. Just would like ya'll to come-n-experience paradise at least once before you die. Katrina treated the people and houses down there pretty harshly but, the fishing is unreal right now!
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    *, La. has some awesome fishing. The "big freeze" in Galveston Bay years ago, changed all the limits on sport fish, while putting a lot of guides out of biz. LA. still has liberal limits, and plenty of great fish to fill them.

...Some of the best red snapper fishing I have done, was out of Cameron LA. I have to agree with you that LA. has some of the best saltwater fishing to be found, and what your tag line says on your state plates, is true...[;)]

Lure_3.gif

texasd.gif
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Cameron Parish is directly right under us, they really got whooped by Rita. I concur on the Louisiana red snapper fishin, I've fished Alabama and Florida. Neither one cuts it close to our coastal fishing, however, Alabama was better then Florida. I drove my cuz down to a heliport not to far from Grand Isle last week, I just wanted to pull over and fish off the road.
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lake Hartwell in the spring when the dogwoods bloom and the oak trees have tossels.Fish rip rap with 4 inch pumpkinseed color worms with very little or no weight.Fish slow and hold on.
  • Options
    jimdandijimdandi Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm extremely fortunate to have the Red River minutes away...I don't know of many other bodies of water that can give you the variety and size of fish that we have... The best part is you never really know whats on the other end of the line until you bring it in!!!!
  • Options
    yearofspideryearofspider Member Posts: 1,657 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trout fishing in the South Branch of the Potomac River in WV.
  • Options
    Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lake Fork has WAY too much pressure. I'm from Texas and a devout bass fisherman....BUT I'd take a quiet day in trout stream in northern New Mexico up in the mountains south of Taos ANYDAY of the week.
  • Options
    pointman821pointman821 Member Posts: 872
    edited November -1
    i guess my fav place would be the red river up at st maurice.great bass fishin. one day, im making a trip up to caney lake. thats where like 5 of the top 10 bass in la have been caught.[;)]
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Coronado Islands - Mexican waters.[:D]
  • Options
    fldavefldave Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Florida Keys, any of em. Port Canaveral for offshore runs and Crystal River for keeping close and occassional scalloping.

As I get older, the choice is simple...next to my family.
  • Options
    gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    Location does not matter to me. As long as it's a warm summer night of fishing catfish with good firends and a cooler of frosty beers. I've had many uh late night with my old buds sitting around the pond telling stories and fishing for catfish. Ahhhhhh, those were the days. [^]