In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What size braided line do you use?

shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
edited February 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
I need to respool my baitcasters. Just wondering what test line you guys put on. I think I used 20 pound, but forgot. And since I need new, maybe I will try a different wieght.

Comments

• COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...shoff, just bought 3 pkgs. Spiderwire Stealth...30lb. with 8lb. diameter, had always used 40-50lb. First time to use the stealth. The line is impregnated with teflon, not just surface treated...sounds like a good idea to me!...will see how it works when I spool a couple of reels, and try it out.

Good eyes on a rod, and good reel...and spiderwire treated with teflon sounds like a good combo for some l-o-n-g casts...will see...[;)]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What are you primarily fishing for? My heavy surf rod for the big toothy critters has 650 yards of 65 lb. My light surf/pier has 12 lb. Use mono on everything else. This is for North Carolina saltwater fishing.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by carbine100
    What are you primarily fishing for? My heavy surf rod for the big toothy critters has 650 yards of 65 lb. My light surf/pier has 12 lb. Use mono on everything else. This is for North Carolina saltwater fishing.

Don't due much shore fishing in Indiana and Ohio. [:D]

These are my bass rigs.
  • carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My brother does plenty of that...even makes a little money at it. I've been with him a few times and he uses 17 and 20 lb braided when he uses braided.