In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What a fishing trip

2-barrel2-barrel Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
Went fishing today for the first time this year. Had to break away ice to get my canoe into the open water. About 40 ft worth. I made into open water to catch one bass and one northern. I will try again tomorrow. At least now I have a path threw the ice. I was almost tired out by the time I got through the ice and wet. I still managed to fish for about 3hrs.

Comments

• Options
    yota1070yota1070 Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where were you fishing? I can't wait to get back on the water! At least all the hard work getting through the ice wasn't in vain!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wisconsin in the back waters of the wisconsin river.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...dam* chopping thru ice [:0] this late in the year...or just about anytime down here, don't happen often. Hey, you had fun though, hel* I haven't been this yr yet...I'm dieng...[:(]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Today was better day. I didn't have to break any ice. Caught five bass. 3 small ones and two legel ones. They are about to jump right in the skillet. Been a long time since I had fresh caught fish.
    The bad part is its going to turn cold for a spell again. Just when I was starting to have fun. Well at least I got 2 days in.
    Damn bloviator I feel for ya. I was also getting desperate. I guess ya have to be to break 40 ft of ice to get to the water. [:D][;)]
  • Options
    MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    COME ON NOW BLOVIATOR YOU COULD GO TO THE POND. WHAT DO YOU THINK US POOR FOLKS THAT HAVE NO ACCESS TO PONDS DO. I CAN TELL YOU RIGHT NOW. IF I DONT GET TO GO FISHING PRETTY SOON.......WELL I DONT KNOW WHAT I WILL DO. I KNOW.....I WILL GO AND PUT IN SOME INFISHERMAN TAPES IN. YEEEEHAWWWW.....BETTER THAN NOTHING
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MOMMASBOY
    COME ON NOW BLOVIATOR YOU COULD GO TO THE POND. WHAT DO YOU THINK US POOR FOLKS THAT HAVE NO ACCESS TO PONDS DO. I CAN TELL YOU RIGHT NOW. IF I DONT GET TO GO FISHING PRETTY SOON.......WELL I DONT KNOW WHAT I WILL DO. I KNOW.....I WILL GO AND PUT IN SOME INFISHERMAN TAPES IN. YEEEEHAWWWW.....BETTER THAN NOTHING

Mommasboy,

This is just a friendly reminder! Use of upper-case words is the equivalent of shouting in some one's ear. Only use upper-case words when trying to make a point. Even at that, you should be careful with who you are exchanging messages. Furthermore, it's harder on the old eyes. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ok FEENIX when i talk to you i will try to contain myself. i sure dont wont to hurt the eyes of a old timer. hey by the way i notice your handle is in upper case letters. hummmmm. when i address someone else i will use the upper case letters, so dont readum. just kiddin. BLOVIATOR JUST WANTS SOMEONE TO FEEL SORRY FOR HIM. HE HE HE
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ok FEENIX when i talk to you i will try to contain myself. i sure dont wont to hurt the eyes of a old timer. hey by the way i notice your handle is in upper case letters. hummmmm. when i address someone else i will use the upper case letters, so dont readum. just kiddin. BLOVIATOR JUST WANTS SOMEONE TO FEEL SORRY FOR HIM. HE HE HE

MOMMASBOY,

Thanks for your understanding. When I was corrected, it was not as a friendly reminder ... it was from a mad O-6 that got offended [V]. He rudely educated me on e-mail correspondence etiquette.

FEENIX are initials of my deceased love ones ... my own variation of the Phoenix (emerging to new life).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey feenix no problem here. i type that way for 40 years. when i was in police work everything was typed and captials were used. just a habit. seems there are always someone that trys to find fault with someone elses habits. you know what i mean. i haven had any problems with anyone on any of the forums here or anywhere else. i guess it is just that i am such a nice guy. huh. just kidding. bloviator and i are friends anyway. well will talk later. have a good evening,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey feenix no problem here. i type that way for 40 years. when i was in police work everything was typed and captials were used. just a habit. seems there are always someone that trys to find fault with someone elses habits. you know what i mean. i haven had any problems with anyone on any of the forums here or anywhere else. i guess it is just that i am such a nice guy. huh. just kidding. bloviator and i are friends anyway. well will talk later. have a good evening,

Copy that! Thanks.