In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

White Perch

mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
edited March 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
About time these guys started waking up..........
Tasty little critters, but I have heard some folks say they are nasty.
To each his own I guess.
Anyone else eat them ?
rmsarc.jpg

Comments

• Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...I do, I do [:D]

not that many fish are too nasty to not eat! Looks good to me Mr.B
    spring around the corner...and you won't be battling cold and ice...just the fish tugging on your line, boy, I can't wait! [;)]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    Our (wife & mine) favorite fresh water fish. We'll go to the lake sometimes 3 or 4 evenings a week fishing for them. Keeping only enough for a meal the next day. Need an excuse to go back soon so will not catch 2 or 3 feeds at a time. We also like a pickreal for dinner now and then. Can hardly wait for spring. [:p][:p][^]
  • Options
    MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the usually start their run in tablerock in april but if we get all the rain they are calling for the next three days they might just start early. i hope i hope. i really like to catch them because they are full bore from the time they hit unti you take them off hook.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Well good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks they are good to eat..
    And Mommasboy you hit it on the head when you said they are going full bore.
    I usually fish them with a 6 foot ultra light, and they will take you for a ride for the duration.
    Thats probably way more fun than I'm allowed to have.....specially when those 12 inchers are on the tag end [:D]
  • Options
    MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    here in missouri we have a cross between whites and stripers. they are called by a lot of names. mostly hibreds. they get a lot larger and tougher. i caught one nine pounds and i had a wonderful time with him. you probably have them also.