In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SPOONBILLING

MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
spoonbill snagging started the 15th here in missouri. i know myron is after them. maybe he can give us a fishing report. how about it myron? any biggins?

Comments

• Options
    myronmyron Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    well we went we snagged got snagged got cold got wet and got 4 keepers!! probably the worst snaggin trip ever! even though we caught fish it was just miserable out there, but i guess we had fun. how can you not have fun with a boat under you and a fishing pole in your hand. any way we caught one 48 3/4 inch, 38 inch, 39 inch and a 47 inch. all four females loaded with eggs. caught all fo them up river from roscoe not quite to tabberville, just about the old rail road piers. we had two boats and 9 snaggers. each boat had two fish on them. my day was really bad. I did catch one it was about 10 inches long!! thought i would get the smallest fish award but another was caught probably 8 inches if that! it was really neat to see a spoonbill that small, you could almost see through it. hey jimmie i seen something for the first time this weekend, a bald eagle and a eagle nest. I know they are making a come back but that was a first for me that far south in missouri. when we get the pictures back i will try and post.
  • Options
    MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey myron well at least you got to go fishing. well that 9 incher is kind of like bad breath, thats better than no breath at all. he he he. see several of those eagles around osceola. hope they get a lot more of them, sure a pretty bird. glad you at least snagged a few. i am sure you will go back. will talk later. jimmie
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    myron, somebody, post a pic of one of those things...[;)]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Spoonbill is dayum good eatin'