In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

PEABO...Pic Of A Yo-Yo....

COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
edited March 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
yoyo005.jpg
line at top ties the yo-yo off
the line at bottom w/weight gets a leader of fishing line.

yoyo008.jpg
at the top you see 2 vertical pieces, actually one piece w/a brad in the center, and this "arm" pivots up & down. You see the notches in the wheel part of it...one each side, it actually has about four around the outer edge.

yoyo009.jpg
this shows one side of the trigger, set and ready in the notch on the left. Look close and you can see the spring inside the wheel portion. Notice the line going thru the trigger on the right side. When a fish bites, it pulls this part down, the other end of the arm goes up...and bam, you have fish! As I said, I'll set out a few, and let them catch fish...while I'm doing important stuff...like bass fishing...[:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif

Comments

• peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    That is neat!! New to me. You learn something new every day if you try. I could use them to catch catfish while I bass fish. Could tie them to the dock and would be right there when I hear the trigger trip and the spring wind in.

Thanks---Peabo
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...exactly! pretty stout little suckers. I had been out on the lake bass fishing, pulled the boat back up to the dock, where I had 2 of these tied on. One was swinging all around, standing out 45 degrees from where it was tied, then going in circles...a 3 lb. channel cat.
    While I leaned over to pull that one up, zzzzpop-splash, scared the poop out of me...the other one had nailed a 1 lb. plus perch/bream...and it had yanked it out of the water in a blink....their fun too!

...Check your fish and game laws, here their only legal on private waters [no problem for me [:D]]since a bunch of jerks left 'em in rivers after a wknd of fishing...and other people found 50 fish dead hanging a foot or two out of the water, same old crap, ruined by a few idiots; as I said though, great to catch your eating fish, while your fishing on private water...[:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey bloviator those yo yos are fun. we used to hang several on the sides of pontoon boat and they would work us to death back and forth. those thing really work.
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    mommasboy, you bet their fun. Besides setting them out while I'm bass fishing, set 'em out before I go up to the house at night, and just pick the fish off the next morning...need to get some more.
    Set 'em....and forget 'em...[;)]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a few of these that I purchased many years ago. It's been part of my survival kit (as well as my sons) and as a Scout Leader, pass it on to young scouts and fellow scouters.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    I almost can't believe that some folks don't know what these are.[:p] I hate it though, when people leave fish hanging on them and don't retrieve them, I also wish they'd be required to take them up after their done using them instead of leaving them out all year.

Fun and efficient when used responsibly.
  • iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    I saw yo-yo's for the first time about 15 years ago on a fishing trip some friends and I took to the Ozark mountains in Arkansas. Lake Ouchata (sp). Great time! Caught lots of nice fish on them. Made it easy to keep up with your beer drinking too! [:D]