In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

picture thread

DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
edited April 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
this is just a pic thread. post your favorite pics that deal with fishing.

d968cac7.jpg
This is our catch after my first day of king salmon/Rainbow trout fishing on lake michigan. i caught and reeled all in[^][:D][:p]

Comments

• yota1070yota1070 Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    nice bit of fishing, if we had fish like that i'd start up again..gee! real good dinner..[:)]
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...you did good Da Bow. Guided trip? Was going to go NEXT week, NOW its going to rain three of the days I'd be going....then a big front and more rain, dang [xx(] I can go any time, and stay about as long as I want, but "chores", and appts. and crap have gotten in the way...now Ive got everything done I HAD to do...the weather is bleening me...[xx(]

...now that you caught your bait, you going fishing?...[:D]

mylures008.jpg

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bloviator
    ...you did good Da Bow. Guided trip? Was going to go NEXT week, NOW its going to rain three of the days I'd be going....then a big front and more rain, dang [xx(] I can go any time, and stay about as long as I want, but "chores", and appts. and crap have gotten in the way...now Ive got everything done I HAD to do...the weather is bleening me...[xx(]

...now that you caught your bait, you going fishing?...[:D]

mylures008.jpg

ani-texas-flag.gif

nope. not a guided trip. we just had a pretty good day.see my rainbow trout. my first one. cant wait to go fishing. i'll be goin to town tomorrow to look at rod reel combos. wish me luck to find one......[:D]
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dabowman the 2nd from the right looks like a Coho... Where do you go out of? Algoma? I fish out of Bailey's Harbor every year. Always the 2nd week in July. We get a lot of fish. This year will be a little shorter trip. 5 days of fishing. Can't wait!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    dabowman the 2nd from the right looks like a Coho... Where do you go out of? Algoma? I fish out of Bailey's Harbor every year. Always the 2nd week in July. We get a lot of fish. This year will be a little shorter trip. 5 days of fishing. Can't wait!
    nope. pretty sure its a king salmon.....the only different one is the fer left one....rainbow trout.good luck......i'm not remembering where we went off but i think that it was in marinette....does that sound about right?
    edited November -1
    Anywhere on the shore is good at different times of the year. We have had great success in late April on the Illinois/Wisconsin border at Winthrop Harbor for Coho. The salmon all seem to work their way up the coast of the lake to the north where most of the spawning takes place. We hit the Kings hard in July out in 35 to 120 FOW usually fishing the bottom half of the depth. We do something different... we go very slow. Most boats will be in the 2.5 - 3.5 MPH range. We go 1.2 to 2. This seems to make the big fish bite with a slower lure action. The colors seem to change every year, but there are constants that always produce. For us it is an older style j-plug lure in "green ladderback" before and after light. Otherwise in the daylight, blue, green, purple and orange were the top producers. I will add some pictures tomorrow when I am at work.
    edited November -1
    Anywhere on the shore is good at different times of the year. We have had great success in late April on the Illinois/Wisconsin border at Winthrop Harbor for Coho. The salmon all seem to work their way up the coast of the lake to the north where most of the spawning takes place. We hit the Kings hard in July out in 35 to 120 FOW usually fishing the bottom half of the depth. We do something different... we go very slow. Most boats will be in the 2.5 - 3.5 MPH range. We go 1.2 to 2. This seems to make the big fish bite with a slower lure action. The colors seem to change every year, but there are constants that always produce. For us it is an older style j-plug lure in "green ladderback" before and after light. Otherwise in the daylight, blue, green, purple and orange were the top producers. I will add some pictures tomorrow when I am at work.
    cool. i hope to be goin again soon. it was really fun reelin those big suckers in......especially the trout[:D]
    edited November -1
    Here is one morning of fishing. Usually the girls were not up by the time we were back in. This day we stayed out a little longer and got some pictures when we got back in.
    salmon2.jpg

Here I am with my wife and a few we cought one morning...
    salmon1.jpg

And here are some salmon and lake trout I cought last year on Lk. Superior.
    Picture046.jpg
    Picture047.jpg
    edited November -1
    dcso, nice fish. A long way to go from here for salmon or trout. S-o-o ready for these fronts (every day, or every other...w/rain) to stop. No way to get thru the pasture and the mud to get to the lake I fish...less I take one of the BIG tractors...and thats a real pain. Can't wait to throw up some bass picks...[;)]

baits021.jpg

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i live within a few hours of lake erie and lake michigan and have never been fishing on them [:(][V]
    edited November -1
    Schoff
    Get out there! It does not cost much to rig an average boat to fish out there. We fish from a 17' Lund ProSport with a 90hp Honda. Yes, we have lots of top end stuff on it, but t did not start that way. It took my father-in-law retiring to get this nice rig, but there were plenty of good fishing trips before it.
    Manual downriggers, rods, line counter reels, and some spoons, plugs, and flasher/fly combos and you are set. You can even do without the downriggers if you run a 1 lb ball rig... just troll it.
    edited November -1
    Schoff
    Get out there! It does not cost much to rig an average boat to fish out there. We fish from a 17' Lund ProSport with a 90hp Honda. Yes, we have lots of top end stuff on it, but t did not start that way. It took my father-in-law retiring to get this nice rig, but there were plenty of good fishing trips before it.
    Manual downriggers, rods, line counter reels, and some spoons, plugs, and flasher/fly combos and you are set. You can even do without the downriggers if you run a 1 lb ball rig... just troll it.
    sounds exactlyy like our setup......fun fun fun[:D]. and nice pics!!!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Here is one morning of fishing. Usually the girls were not up by the time we were back in. This day we stayed out a little longer and got some pictures when we got back in.
    salmon2.jpg

Here I am with my wife and a few we cought one morning...
    salmon1.jpg

And here are some salmon and lake trout I cought last year on Lk. Superior.
    Picture046.jpg
    Picture047.jpg

Is your wife wearing "The Glove". that one that velcros to your side that I think Keith Warren uses?
    edited November -1
    shoff14 quote:i live within a few hours of lake erie and lake michigan and have never been fishing on them

...Lakes??... hell, their little oceans!...[:D]

mylures001.jpg

ani-texas-flag.gif
    edited November -1
    Bang
    Nope not "the glove". It is one that my father-in-law brought back from his trip to Alaska. He goes almost every year for crab and halibut and says these gloves save the trip. We keep a set on the boat.
    edited November -1
    bloviator....are those all homemade lures???
    edited November -1
    DeBow, yeah...[;)]

baits023.jpg

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    49in 29lbs caught on the churchhill river system in northern saskatchewan in june of 04

367920.JPG

DCSO - thats one helluva lake trout you got in your 3rd pic. i love eating those damn thigs!
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MN Hunter
    49in 29lbs caught on the churchhill river system in northern saskatchewan in june of 04

367920.JPG

DCSO - thats one helluva lake trout you got in your 3rd pic. i love eating those damn thigs!

MN Hunter,

Here's a 25 pound laker I caught last year around Hunter Bay, Saskatchewan.

LakeTrout.jpg

This year, my friends and I are going to fish Sandy Lakes/Churchill River and will be staying at this camp http://www.madcat.medstead.sk.ca/wilderness
    edited November -1
    MNhunter
    Thanks. Cought it just outside Superior Entry on Lk. Superior. I would have released it, but didn't have a camera on the boat that day. The lakers are ok, but after getting hooked on the salmon they become known as "greasers". My secret to cooking the "greasers" is to grill or smoke them with the skin off. It lets out most of the oils that trout have too much of.

This is my largest catch to date:
    Mexico06022.jpg
    edited November -1
    Feenix, dcso, MN Hunter,...ya'll need to look at top of topic page (PatBuzzard Post)...since ya'll have fish pics this year, so far...I just get to "talk"...and think about going...[xx(]...but just wait...[:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bloviator
    Feenix, dcso, MN Hunter,...ya'll need to look at top of topic page (PatBuzzard Post)...since ya'll have fish pics this year, so far...I just get to "talk"...and think about going...[xx(]...but just wait...[:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif

Bloviator,

Sorry but mine was taken in June of 2005. I am sure you'll share your trophy catch. Happy fishing!
    edited November -1
    Here is the best fighting fish I have cought this year. I know it is not a huge yellow fin, but what a fight!
    Mexico06178.jpg
    edited November -1
    Here is the best fighting fish I have cought this year. I know it is not a huge yellow fin, but what a fight!
    Mexico06178.jpg

Good one dcso. They're good eating fish. I'd like do some deep sea fishing someday ... hopefully soon. Where were you fishing?
    edited November -1
    These were from the East Cape Village north of Cabo San Lucas Mexico on the Sea of Cortez side. It was more expensive than the Cabo area, but MUCH better fishing. I think it was about $400/ day for the boat. The rooms were nice and it was a very peaceful place. I would defiantly like to go back someday.
    edited November -1
    These were from the East Cape Village north of Cabo San Lucas Mexico on the Sea of Cortez side. It was more expensive than the Cabo area, but MUCH better fishing. I think it was about $400/ day for the boat. The rooms were nice and it was a very peaceful place. I would defiantly like to go back someday.

Cool! Thanks for the info.
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    50 lbs of Red Drum caught middle of Feb. 2006 in the Laguna Madre north of Port isabell TX.
    Feb8005123.jpg
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigtire
    50 lbs of Red Drum caught middle of Feb. 2006 in the Laguna Madre north of Port isabell TX.
    Feb8005123.jpg
    nice....[:D]
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    FEENIX, im not sure if you ever fished the churchhill, but its incredible. we go every year. we fly into saskatoon, then drive to la ronge, where we take a 30-45min float plane ride, below is the "average"..catch about 10/day..this size. the biggest lake trout ive caught was like 15lbs..i LOVE catching them, but i dont have the patience. in 11yrs of going up there, only once have they been shallow enough to cast for...damn good eating.

395172.JPG

395174.JPG

395175.JPG
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MN Hunter
    FEENIX, im not sure if you ever fished the churchhill, but its incredible. we go every year. we fly into saskatoon, then drive to la ronge, where we take a 30-45min float plane ride, below is the "average"..catch about 10/day..this size. the biggest lake trout ive caught was like 15lbs..i LOVE catching them, but i dont have the patience. in 11yrs of going up there, only once have they been shallow enough to cast for...damn good eating.

395172.JPG

395174.JPG

395175.JPG
    nice fishies[:D]