In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Bass Boat

yota1070yota1070 Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
edited April 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
I've been looking to buy a new bass boat and have my eye on a Triton dual console. Anyone out there have one? If so how do you like it? My last boat was a Tracker TX18 and you definitely get what you pay for!

Comments

• Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good boat I understand. Why get rid of the Tracker? Also a good boat. Mine is a 1960 14' Alumacraft with a 1965 Evinrude that I bought new! Priced a few new ones and WOW!!! I'll stick with what I have. But go for it...You only go around once.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Tracker was a 1994 model made with rivets....she took on water more than one occasion! We were fishing on Keuka Lake in NY and after running her for about 10 min we stopped on a point to fish for smallmouth....well my brother stepped down to change his lure and the water was up to his knee! Needless to say we had to get it on plain real fast. I sold it the next day to the guy that owned the marina, he just wanted the Mercury 60. Only vacation I've walked away with money!
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    yota quote:well my brother stepped down to change his lure and the water was up to his knee! Needless to say we had to get it on plain real fast

...[:D][:D]

...ONCE, I let my brother back my Challanger off the trailer, and I parked the truck. We tore out of the marina, hit open water wide open for about a mile...stopped, dropped the anchor, puttered around...and after a couple of cast, my brother sitting on the back deck said "we've got water in the boat". I turned around, hell yeah we had water in the boat...about 200 gallons!

...I jumped back and opened the cover over the tank, and where the batts were, and it came pouring out more...he had left the plug out, dummy [:D]! I left it out, got it on plane to drain the water out, and then put the plug in, it was hilarious, then and now...[:D]

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    yota, check out a nice quality TRI-HULL...they take rough water so much better than a V, keep you dryer too. A nice one that wont break you is a Kingfisher, their fine bass boats...[;)]

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bloviator thanks for the boat advice.....aaaahhhh the drainplug! There should be some type of alarm that goes off as soon as you launch it off the trailer!
  • Options
    MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey yota i have a new 17 and half ft. tracker with all welded seams and i love it. hull is lifetime.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've heard the new trackers' are 100% better than what they used to be....just can't bring myself to go down that road again. Glad that you love yours and you've had no problems.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I do love my Bass Tracker when I remember to put the drain plug in !
  • Options
    ETECMANETECMAN Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 2005 Ranger Z20 with an o5 E-TEC 225HO motor. Its actually 248 HP and the boat is l;oaded. Am selling to deliver after tournament season in Sep or Oct. Lists with the equip. I have at $53,000 and am selling for $36,000 - Love the boat so much, I am duplicating it except I'll probably change colors to match my new Taho. Will have less than 100 hours and will be in mint condition.