In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

You make the call-

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited April 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
Your fishing gear/tackle/poles/reels etc.
comes from-

Bass Pro shops?
Cabellas?
Wal-mart?
K-mart?
Big 5?

Add you favorite link for Fishing stuff!!!!

Comments

• Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    it depends. If all i want is lures, i will go to walmart and buy a new tackle box and fill it up. When it comes to pole and reels, i go to the stores that acaually know a little about fishing....bass pro shops and cabelas, gander, and even sometimes dick's.
  • Options
    One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    Sportsman Center
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...BPS...some plastic baits when I go. One opening this summer close, so I'm sure I'll go way more often.

...Wally World...hooks, sometimes if I go

...No K Mart around, no problem here, the one's that were over
    in Dallas...were crusty,..yecchh

...Barlows Tackle (Tackle Shop) lures, lots of plastic baits
    as you can buy them by the pound...instead of a few to a pkg.

...Cabellas...red a gazillion of their catalogs, never ordered.

...most of my rods, outerwear, tackle in general, Acadamey
    Sports

...Barlows link...http://www.barlowstackle.com/

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BASSPRO AND WALMART WALMART HAS SEVERL STORES CLOSE BY AND THEY ALL ARE NOT THE SAME. THE ONE IN BRANSON HAS A LOT MORE FISHING EQIPMENT. NEVER K MART IT SUCKS HELL I HAVE MORE TACKLE THAN THEY DO.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bass pro for all the stuff you can't find anywhere else.

walmart, poles can be dirt cheap there.

reels are mostly shimano, so where ever I can get them

cabellas gets my business some

When I am home in Ohio, I shop at a local tackle store around the lake. They gave me a 500 dollar scholarship my senior year, so I like to give them my business when I can. I even order stuff from them instead of online when I am home.
  • Options
    ETECMANETECMAN Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never go to a chain store for fishing or hunting equipment. They may be a feww dollars cheaper (50 cents to a buck on lures) but do they help when you need something custom ordered. I have used Rodmakers Shoppe in Strongsville OH for years and now Mandas also in Ohio (Akron area). When you are out of town and can't find something, both owners (Ray Halter - Rodmakers Shoppe) and Phil Perretta (Mandas) will not only ship it to you but will also order it overnite and ship if they don't have it. Will a chain do that? The mom & pop stores that provide good equipment also provide a quality service that when they get run out of business bu the big chains , what will everyone do then.
    Oh Yeah, Picked up a new rod and reel once (drove over 60 miles to Mandas one way to do it). He had just sold a Humminbird unit to a guy and was in the parking lot himself help install the unit at no extra charge. The guy told me the price was $19 more than a particular chain store but Phil agreed to help install for free. Chaons don't provide that kind of service. If something breaks, will a chain store ship back for you? Most mom & pop store will always help out.
  • Options
    willdallas2006willdallas2006 Member Posts: 285 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have done a couple of orders through cabellas, but I have bought most of my gear from Wal Mart and BPS.