In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lake Trout are hitting in Colorado. (larger pic)

elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
edited May 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
This one is about 4 1/2 lbs. A buddy landed a 6 lb. Fish in the 30-40 lb range are possible, but these are the biggest of the season.

51606laketrout5vs.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    nice fishy![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Going again Sunday. Buddy caught 2 in the 10-12 lb range today. With any luck I'll have more pics to post Monday.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sunday was a bust. I caught 1 18" brown. Tasty but not worth a picture.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    Elk, nice fish! I go just outside Antonita (spck) and fish the Conjeos River (dang spck again[8D])

...When I'm up there...Lake Platora (once again, spck) is about 5 miles from where I stay on the river, fished that a few times...but the boat ramp is WINDING, LONG, and at about a 35 degree angle (or more[8D])...not for the faint of heart.[:0] If you had vehical problems on the ramp...you'd be in probably 50' of water S-O quick.

Me, fast moving water, and a flyrod do NOT get along...so I use a 4' rod with a closed face reel and these little * hooks that 2 salmon eggs cover completely up...but it works for me. I watch in awe at these die hard fly fisherman there.

....I have no idea how they can cast a fly you can hardly even see, 15 feet out in front of 'em into boiling water RUSHING at 'em....and keep an eye on the damn fly! When I try that, I end up with 15' of fly line wrapped all around my legs in about 2 seconds...[:D]

...bass fishing is my deal, but love to catch those cuthroat(rarely), browns, and rainbows...little torpedoes on speed![:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bloviator, I love to fly fish but I'm certainly no die hard. If I have to drowned a worm to catch a fish I'm fine with it. I mostly go afet trout, not many bass oportunities around here. Only one local pond for small mouth which I have been hitting about once a week this spring, I know they are in there but I'm having a hell of time figuring them out. I know almost nothing about bass but it is always fun to learn something new.

Thanks for the reply.

Warmest Regards...
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    Elk, smallies are a different animal...don't know a lot about them. I think you need a "smaller" type bait, and/or a different presentation. Let me find a post either William 88 or WillDallas made on smallies...they are good at 'em...they could tell you how and what to use.

LINK:http://forums.forthehunt.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=199197

...give him a shout here or private em, he'll help you out, I just don't know enough about smallies...[;)]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif