In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is a medium stone good for sharpening hooks?

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
edited May 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    HENRY:If it's badly dulled,i'd start with a med.A "sharp" hook will catch on your thumbnail with the lightest of pressure.Finer the better when it comes to sharpening stones.
    Jeff
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your reply. I have to admit, this was a shameless plug disguised as an inquiry.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Henry0Reilly
    Thanks for your reply. I have to admit, this was a shameless plug disguised as an inquiry.

yep, about as sameless as they get. [;)]
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    Henry, still no bids on that stone? Heck, I'd get it, but I have 3, one BIG one and two 2x4" ones....nice ones my dad left me, that were HIS dads (100 years old) good luck with it, you 'ol shameless guy you...[:D]

...most serious guys(fisherman) have a hook sharpener that looks like a fountain pen that you pull off the cap...to exspose a grooved sharpening stone the tip of the hook fits right into the groove...[8D]

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif