In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Thought I had a winner,,,,,

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
Stopped off at my favorite spot last night. A big storm was coming headed my way so I figured I would take advantage of the coming weather change.

Caught 22 smallies in just over an hour. It rained hard off and on the whole time. Just as I was getting ready to leave I made a few last casts and wham, got a hit and off it went. I had great dreams of a huge smallie the 3 or so minutes it took to land it. I was fishing with an ultralight and 4 lb test. Finally landed it...

26" channel cat...[:D]..I gave it to a kid fishing down the way as I was walking out.

Comments

• Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...I bet you thought you DID have a huge smallie, considering the nice ones you have caught in the past! The channel was fun, and, you did good giving it to the kid..he probably doesn't mind cleaning one fish...[:D]

Unless I am at a "pack in" type lake, and am FISHING for food...I won't keep and fool w/one, or just a few fish either...[;)]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bloviator

Unless I am at a "pack in" type lake, and am FISHING for food...I won't keep and fool w/one, or just a few fish either...[;)]

The only time I don't do that is with saugeye, because catching one that is a keeper in my books is not always to easy. Then there was the time that I was giving saugeye away in order to stay under limit and keep fishing.