In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Post your Memorial Day fishing pics.

elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
edited June 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
If you have Memorial Day fishing pictures feel free to share them here.

I took elkoholic jr. to a local state park for a little trout action. We fished from the canoe until the wind picked up then fished from shore.

For being only 3 this little guy is turning into a fishing machine.
1memorialday063kk.jpg

He insisted that he be the one to carry our keepers to the truck.
2memorialday067am.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Excellent memories for the little elkoholic, more folks should do that with there little ones.
    I was pretty busy and didn't have but a little bit of time to fish, but I did manage this one on one of Bloviators hand made lures.

1199ve0.jpg
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Fishing?...nope, spent the whole three days watching auctions, figuring max bid, stratedgy ([:D]) and buying (winning) a Colt Delta Elite...finally on Monday...yuck, I really do not see how/why people find auctions fun.

I guess the l-o-n-g wknd...had people gone...so not as many bidders to fight, went in my favor, finally...[:D]

Mr.B your getting pretty handy with topwaters...a major hoot, aren't they?...[:D]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Elk nice lookin' little greasers. Is it me, or does one have a scar on the side? Looks just like a Sea Lampray mark on the ones we get on Lk. Superior.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't get to wet a line over the whole weekend....[V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Elk nice lookin' little greasers. Is it me, or does one have a scar on the side? Looks just like a Sea Lampray mark on the ones we get on Lk. Superior.

I think you are looking at a blown out gill but I'm not sure. The strange thing is that one of these trout did have a bite taken out on his back, but I don't think you can see it in the 1st picture. I can see it in this one, top fish on right.:
    4memorialday060xt.jpg
    Not sure what would do that, no lampray or anything like them here. This lake is home to some nasty brown trout, they'll eat anything that isn't paying attention.
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    hey elky, can he reel 1 in by himself?
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Elk
    In the first picture it is the one on the lower left. The one on the right in the second picture looks to also have a Lampray scar on it. I can't imagin how thoes bass turds (they wouldn't let me spell it the way I wanted) could have gotten way up to CO. I'm sure it is not that, but then what is it?

By the way are you sure that is your kid? just kidding. Looks a lot like you.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    hey elky, can he reel 1 in by himself?

He can, and I offered but he said no...he was too excited running the net.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Elk
    In the first picture it is the one on the lower left. The one on the right in the second picture looks to also have a Lampray scar on it. I can't imagin how thoes bass turds (they wouldn't let me spell it the way I wanted) could have gotten way up to CO. I'm sure it is not that, but then what is it?

By the way are you sure that is your kid? just kidding. Looks a lot like you.[:)]

The bite on the upper right fish actually had teeth marks size and shape of a bigger trout, I was only half joking when I said it might have been a brown.

Ya, unfortunately he looks alot like me. Wait until I get permission to post a picture of his grandfather, people make a big deal about modern developments in cloning, my family has been doing it for generations.[;)]