In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

MN Hunter's GIANT MUSKIE, it's BIG [ PIC]

COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
edited June 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
...MN Hunters BIG * muskie...he said he caught one...and here's the proof... 45lbs....26" girth, and...55" long!..nice fish buddy!...[:D]

MN's in the red T
IMG_0347.jpg

ani-texas-flag.gif

Comments

• Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    bloviataor - thanks for posting! im hoping my comp gets fixed here one of these days. i got your email, and replied.

scott
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...your more than welcome...got you em. Again, NICE fish!...[;)]

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW...that is a beauty...
  • Options
    peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    NICE CATCH !!! Wish I could catch something like that instead of these measly ole 10 pound Bass !
    Thanks for posting pictures !

Thanks---Peabo
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    That monster eats my trout for breakfast and is ready for more by lunch time. Nice fish!
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    are muskie that big good eatin'?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    are muskie that big good eatin'?

i would say no, i would never consider keeping a fish this big...i figure ill let someone else catch it.

graphite mounts are just as cheap, last longer and look real enough that you would never know the difference.
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    wow! in the years i been fishing the biggest muskie a caught was a 26" tiger muskie, but it was fun to feel in[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dabow- this was my first muskie in 25yrs.

so if you caught one..and your 15ish if im not mistaken..then your doing pretty good [;)]

actually it was a heckuva fight..about 45min. cant wait to do it again!
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MN Hunter
    dabow- this was my first muskie in 25yrs.

so if you caught one..and your 15ish if im not mistaken..then your doing pretty good [;)]

actually it was a heckuva fight..about 45min. cant wait to do it again!
    14. ill see if i can find a pic. was using a little beetle spin(if ya know what that is) and 8lb. fireline fishing towards the shore at night(ish) and it bite and took off. swam under my cuz's line and we got the line all tangled. sucked, but it was fun.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MN Nice fish! Where were you fishing? I will most likely not have my musky stuff out this year. My friend and I both sold our boats this spring, and until he gets divorced, will not have another one. Maybe I can talk someone else into it.
    Last year my friend started making some top water prop baits that we had good success with. He landed one about the size of yours (no tape or scale in the boat) and we both had many follows and strikes. He is selling them under the name "Jurassic lures" Let me know if you would like one or more. You can request any color/combination you like, one or two props, length also to order.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    MN Nice fish! Where were you fishing? I will most likely not have my musky stuff out this year. My friend and I both sold our boats this spring, and until he gets divorced, will not have another one. Maybe I can talk someone else into it.
    Last year my friend started making some top water prop baits that we had good success with. He landed one about the size of yours (no tape or scale in the boat) and we both had many follows and strikes. He is selling them under the name "Jurassic lures" Let me know if you would like one or more. You can request any color/combination you like, one or two props, length also to order.

i was fishing in alexandria...not on the chain. we were in about 5ft of water..fishing for northerns! (muskie wasnt open at the time, but the DNR dude still took the pic)...email sent about lures.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MN Hunter
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009

i was fishing in alexandria...not on the chain. we were in about 5ft of water..fishing for northerns! (muskie wasnt open at the time, but the DNR dude still took the pic)...email sent about lures.

even though they aren't open shouldn't mean you can't catch them, just that you can't keep them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    schoff - exactly. you really cant decide what fish bites your lure and what doesnt [;)][:D]
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MN Hunter,

Outstanding fish! In my 8 years up here in Minnesota I have yet to catch a muskie. All the northerns I've caught are the typical 'hammer handles' 15"-18" and as big around as a hammer handle. LOL. I have caught some really nice bass in this state though. A 19 1/2" largemouth a 16 3/4" largemouth on a fly and a whole bunch of 12" smallies up just south of the Boundary Waters. -talk to you later.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MN
    E-mail sent back. I fished French lake in Faribault every other week on Thursdays while season is open. Was just out today for bass. Cought one small mouth. Nothing big. Saw lots of carp. Going back next week with the bow!
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW, Now that's one nice muskie!!![8D]Congrats!!!!!!!!!