In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Musky baits

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
MN Hunter
Here is your lure. IMAG0095.jpg
IMAG0096.jpg
My friend just dropped it off. It was between this and a black one with red markings and belly. This is the pattern that has had the most hits while we have been fishing them. The blade in the middle is a "clicker". It hits the prop as it turnes in the water. Wakes up them old toothy buggers.

If anyone else is interested they are selling for $20.00 plus actual shipping. You pick the colors, prop set up (1 or 2, front, back, or both) and length. New for this year is a stainless steel hook on the back. There were some rust problems we had before.

Comments

• Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    looks great...cant wait!
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    Joe did your friend figure out the "thing" you em'd me about?
    Like I said, give him my em, and pass his name on...and if he has some questions, no problem...it's a hobby, and skill that needs to be passed on...I am already retired...BUT, w/all the big bucks, I may just retire again (yeah right!)...[8D]

Question. MN's in freakin Russia, or I'd ask him...but you and your buddy fish for those toothy devil's.
    The bait pic reminded me about the 2 pc. design, and the prop on almost ALL Muskie/Pike baits...why a 2 pc., and prop?

I know I have caught some almost 40" pickerel (BIG spck)
    in a liitle cold mtn. lake...and ALL of those loved shiney, silver spoons...they could not get enough of them.
    They look a LOT like MN'S Muskie (not in size)...and I don't know sqaut about ANY of them.
    REAL fun to catch, like little fast, jump'in torpedoes!

I LOST a rig on that lake to one, 99% sure it was one, a nice one. I was taking a break, had a silver spoon hanging off my rod about 15" in the water. My rig SHOT off the bow of the boat, not flipped up, FLEW straight off the bow like it had been shot out!
    ...and landed a good 10 foot out in front of my boat!
    I always figured a pickerel saw it, had a running start...and left with it...only a lot of bass, crappie, bream in that particular lake...and they DON'T take a rod like that. Your rig may flip up from the reel end, but not "shoot" out like that one did...[:D]

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif