In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Zebco/Shakespeare Factory Service?

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
edited July 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
A long time ago, Zebco would fix or replace reels sent to their factory. I sent in one and my dad sent in two, I think. The reels were either repaired or replaced with new ones, for free.

Now, I have one Zebco spincaster and one Shakespeare spinning reel that could stand some work. Anyone have any recent experience with factory service on either brand?

Comments

• Options
    peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    I had a problem with a Shakespeare spinning reel and went to their website and sent them an e-mail about my problem. I no longer had the receipt to prove when I purchased it. They suggested that I return the reel. Wasn't long and they sent me a new reel which was the next model upgrade. I had problems with it also and e-mailed them again. Didn't have to return this reel because they knew what they had sent me. In a couple of days I received another reel which was also an upgrade from what they had sent.
    To make a long story short, their customer service was great.

Thanks---Peabo