In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A fun night fishing...

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,589 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
Had a rough day at work and stopped off at my favorite spot on the way home. There were a couple other people in the area including a gentleman and his family.

One of his sons approx 5-6 years old was fishing about 20 yards down from me and his father was fishing 10 yards or so on the other side of me.

I was out standing on some rocks on the edge of some ripples. The smallies were laying near the ripples and would hit a spinner or small jig as it went by.

I had caught a dozen or so and the little guy kept creeping closer and closer to me. I told him where to cast and when he did he hooked a 20" Channel cat. He did a great job landing it with a little help from me.

About 5 minutes later he was back and fishing right next to me. I paused for a moment to change lures and the little dude jumped up on my rock and started casting.

His father was all upset, I was laughing so hard I nearly fell in. I let him have the spot. He caught a couple of 6' smallies. His dad came over to apologize....I told him no problem....

I get a kick out of watching little kids fish.

Comments

• Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...William, I bet you did get a good laugh from that! Kids are neat...and funny.
    Hell, my daughter will still do that, and she's 25...[:D]

Out in a boat, she will cast where I might have just caught a fish, on the dock...she will almost push me in to get a productive "spot"...ALL my fault from telling her to do just that...when she was little...[;)]

She's bugging me now...to take her to the ranch so she can shoot, and go fishing...she doesn't have to ask twice...trying to get things lined out to go this comming week...[8D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,589 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was a fun night. The little dude was a serious fisherman. He could cast accurately and he was really into it. He had a nice little ugly stick ultra-lite and spinning reel.

He will learn to be a little less aggressive in spot jumping as he gets older or someone with a little tolerance for kids will toss him in the drink...
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    The little dude was a serious fisherman.

He sure has hole poaching down![:D][^]

Ben
  • Options
    MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WILIAM 81 I LIKED THAT STORY. I have one grand son that is a very into fishing. He studies basspro catalogs more that school books. I sure enjoy just watching him fish.
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    good story. i can remember doin that when i was younger. my sis had just caught a 12in. perch and i ran over there casted as close as i could to where she did, and waited.a few minutes later, a caught my frst bass[8D]