In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Eagle Lake, CA

rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
edited August 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
I will be going to Eagle Lake next week. I will have a small boat. Any hints, helps, suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to go up there as a young kid every summer for a couple weeks. I've had a lot of luck fishing creeks in that area in the mouth of the creek to the lake with small gold Kastmaster. It has to be the smallest one though, like 1/12th ounce. The other thing would work well I think are flies in the morning and evening.

If you stray out to the middle in the afternoon keep an eye on the whitecaps. It's kind of notorious for kicking up 3-4' rollers pretty quickly that can swamp a small boat. -good luck and let us know how it was.
  • rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winds are still there. In the morning, red lures deep seem to be the best and in the afternoon the trout were feeding on mayflies at the surface.

Didn't have any luck, it appears we got there too late. After we arrived, we were told the best fishing was in the early am. I wish they had mentioned that on the phone the day earlier. We would have left earlier.

It's only about an 1 and 1/2 hours from Reno so next time the wife goes to Reno, I'll take off and try it again.

Thanks for the reply.