In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Finally, fishing again.

ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
edited August 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
Man, the last 2 weekends I finally broke my rut and got out on the ocean. Last weekend the wife and I caught 19 total rock fish with 4 nice ling cod in the 15lb+ class and 2 cabezon that were absolute pigs.
I just got done cleaning up from todays haul. My daughter, one of her friends from work and I went out and caught 18 total with 5 ling cod and 2 more cabezon along with a red and a bunch of black rock cod. The kid that came with us is also a fire fighter on my daughters crew, it was his first time out on the ocean, he caught the 2 biggest lings of the day, the biggest we weighed at the tackle store on the way home, it was 22lbs 38" long, a really nice fish, the #2 and #3 sized lings were both 10-15lbs also so we had a great day. Now it's all vacuum sealed and in the freezer, the horses are fed and I'm sipping a cold one, Regards to all, from a happy ghotiethumper.
PICT0579.jpg

The youngster with a couple nice lings, we screwed up and had the big one filet'd already before I thought to grab the camera. oh well, just gives us a reason to get back out there next weekend.

Comments