In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

It started out as a good evening fishing......

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,634 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
Stopped off at a new spot tonight for some smallie fishing. I parked the car and walked about 3/4 of mile to get back away from the usual spots. I only took one pole and my mini tackle box.

First cast into some ripples and large rocks....bam, nice 16" smallie.[:D] 5 or 6 casts later another one almost the same size. Three more in the next 10 minutes, all in the 11-14" range.

Next cast, the top part of my new Uglystick (father's day present)
came off when I made the cast, I * the line back to try to get the top back. The lure snagged on a rock, the line snapped and the
top of my Uglystick sailed into the river. [}:)]

Water is about 5 feet deep where it landed. I tried to snag it for awhile, but only lost a couple of lures in the process. As I only had one pole with me, I walked back to my car and drove home.

Tomorrow night I am going to take a rake and a rope with me and try again. At first I was ticked off, but now it is sorta funny to think about.

Wish me luck.....

Comments

• Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck! You better get that pole back as it appears it's bringing you more luck than just the moon phase! -get scuba tanks if necessary.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Struck out....Gonna try again on Monday...
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    william quote:Next cast, the top part of my new Uglystick (father's day present)
    came off when I made the cast,

...that's just ONE of the many reasons I only use one pc rods...[;)]
    the MAIN reason is a one pc is way more sensitive.

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No doubt about the sensitivity differences. The problem I have is a one piece pole will not fit in the car. There are a couple of poles in each of my cars as well as a tackle box.

You never know when you might run across a new body of water to test out.....[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hit the spot again last night....no luck. I am going to give it one more try tonight with a plastic leaf rake....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeehaaaaa....I hit the spot tonight, caught 14 smallies and caught the top of my Uglystick with the plastic leaf rake I took with me.

I caught it once and then lost it for almost five minutes before I hooked up with it again..