In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

MN Fishing

Huntingnerd33Huntingnerd33 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
We're really not planning on any particular area, just in Minnesota, close to the Canacian border. Are there any nice lakes in the Boundary Waters area? I know some people that canoe up there, but I didn't know if there were good lakes around too. We're coming from Nebraska, so no matter what lake we choose will be quite a drive so it really doesn't matter. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    you cant beat lake of the woods. you'll be shaking off walleyes (i usually plan on catching anywhere from 30-40 before lunch time...then switch to trout and northerns in the afternoon) you might not get your 8lb walleye, but you will definetly get the numbers (and of course with numbers comes the chance of your trophy...)

boundary waters you cant use any motors...and the bugs or HORRID in the summer time.

if you want, i can get you info on area lodging (if you dont have any in mind) (websites/brochures)

i can also get you lake maps and also fishing reports from local bait shops (any lake).

what time of year are you coming?

scott
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you plan to go to Ely, I can help for lakes both in and out of the BWCAW. I lived there for 3 years.
  • Options
    Huntingnerd33Huntingnerd33 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MN Hunter
    you cant beat lake of the woods. you'll be shaking off walleyes (i usually plan on catching anywhere from 30-40 before lunch time...then switch to trout and northerns in the afternoon) you might not get your 8lb walleye, but you will definetly get the numbers (and of course with numbers comes the chance of your trophy...)

boundary waters you cant use any motors...and the bugs or HORRID in the summer time.

if you want, i can get you info on area lodging (if you dont have any in mind) (websites/brochures)

i can also get you lake maps and also fishing reports from local bait shops (any lake).

what time of year are you coming?

scott

I would really appreciate it if you could get me a map of Lake of the Woods and maybe some lodging info. We're planning on coming up there between the 15th of May through June 1st. Probably about a week's worth of fishing during that time. That would be great, thanks.
  • Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    not a problem, email me your address and ill get some maps/lake maps/lodging info out to you in a week or so.

scottiboy@earthlink.net