In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

First trout! Pictures Added

Huntingnerd33Huntingnerd33 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2007 in The Fishing Hole!
I went fishing for a few days during spring break and I caught my first rainbow trout on Wednesday. I'd never fished early enough in the year to catch them, or in a body of water that had trout in it. An interstate lake close by had them stocked for the winter and I decided to expand my horizons and I had a blast catching trout. I went out there on Wed., Thurs., and today. I wasn't going to keep as many as I did, but since company was coming over I thought I better keep some more. [:D] Had my girlfriend over tonight and mom fried up the fillets, very good! They weren't monsters by any means, but they were fun to catch and quite tasty! [:D] They were between 10" and 13", not huge, but fun to catch on light tackle.

100_1139.jpg

Comments

• 2-barrel2-barrel Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ryan I'm dissappointed. You didn't invite me over for fresh fish. Sounds like you are having a good time.
  • Huntingnerd33Huntingnerd33 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 2-barrel
    Ryan I'm dissappointed. You didn't invite me over for fresh fish. Sounds like you are having a good time.

Sorry, [:I] didn't think you wanted to drive all the way down here for a couple of fillets. I'll remember that next time I bring some fish home. [:D]